Water damage G1 box

Rodimus13 Studios

Ok guys, I know it's been a long time since I posted here.. but I need some advice.

A friend of mine gave me a G1 Galvatron in box for Christmas. I noted when I got it that the box was damaged a little and that the toy had been removed atleast once because I could see where tap was cut, and then replaced (over the old tap in fact).

I just opened up the toy, and had a little trouble getting the styrofoam packing out. Eventually it gave, and small portion of the bottom of the box practically decentigrated. I looked inside the box and saw obvious signs of water damage....and what looks like mold. Uhg...

Fortunatly the toy it self seems fine. It didn't come with it's paperwork or stickers (just factory stickers from what I can tell) but there is no sign of the toy being messed up.

So here's the question. Do I hold on to the box (because it's G1 and stuff) or should I just toss the thing? The box is pretty messed up.. but then again messed up Ft Max boxes still go for 100's on ebay. For now...I'm tossing it in the garage so my kid doesn't get in to it.

IMG_1488_zps861d8e8c.jpg

IMG_1489_zpsdd601690.jpg

IMG_1491_zps0ccc57ec.jpg

IMG_1490_zps0ffd846d.jpg

IMG_1492_zps14545527.jpg

IMG_1493_zpsf5a74862.jpg

IMG_1494_zps674a0043.jpg

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Just wanted to hear at least one person say it too.

Archived