What do you want the next Transformers series to be based on?

BaCon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've been clamoring since Classics started, I'd like them to go back to the begining and do it right. Give G1 a show worthy of the franchise's origins (BW quality), put out a whole toyline modernizing the original figures instead of doling them out piecemeal without a fiction, and instead of halfass homages scattered thru every incarnation of TFs since Armada.

Once you do that and get it out of your system, move onto something totally new instead of the recurring halfassed multiverse crap they've been putting out.

Perhaps a "Clone Wars" esque series portraying the movieverse in a larger scale? Or something completely new altogether.

I'd like a series with a more mature edge, but still fun. Something writen like Beast Wars . Animated was to childish, and RID/AEC gave me my fill of stock footage for life, so I'm good there.

Really, I'd just like a decent, not one sided story that has a continuos flow and has decent writing and development. Maybe a Classics story, maybe a preearth story, and personaly, I don't care if there's a singlr human in the mix. They can do a perfectly good story without them.

As I've been clamoring since Classics started, I'd like them to go back to the begining and do it right. Give G1 a show worthy of the franchise's origins (BW quality), put out a whole toyline modernizing the original figures instead of doling them out piecemeal without a fiction, and instead of halfass homages scattered thru every incarnation of TFs since Armada.

Once you do that and get it out of your system, move onto something totally new instead of the recurring halfassed multiverse crap they've been putting out.

Perhaps a "Clone Wars" esque series portraying the movieverse in a larger scale? Or something completely new altogether.

My sentiments exactly!!

With every new TF series and toyline there are always original G1 fans (and I admit I'm one of them) saying "it's ok, but why did they have to change x, y and z?" which generally annoys newer fans ("This isn't the 80's anymore Geewun losers!" etc). The thing is, although the G1 toys were ok for their time, they never remotely resembled the cartoon. A new G1 show (CGI or Animated style perhaps?) with a toyline of show-accurate characters, complete with their original alt-modes, would completely and forever satisfy a huge portion of TF fans (and if it's decent enough quality of course it will be popular with younger TFs buyers too). Done. Over. Finally, after 25 years, let's get it out there! Even if it fails and only lasts a year, it would bring Transformers full circle.

Then they can carry on and do whatever different new series they like, and we'll happily buy that too, with no excuses to complain!

transtech with a more mature storyline like they did with gi joe resolute

I just want the new Trasformers series to be in CGI. Its been over 15 years since Beast Wars ending. Think about all the cool stuff they will be able to do that they couldn't do in Beast Wars because of Technology. They also have to get Bob Forward and Larry Ditillio to write it.

I'd like a series with a more mature edge, but still fun. Something writen like Beast Wars . Animated was to childish, and RID/AEC gave me my fill of stock footage for life, so I'm good there.

Really, I'd just like a decent, not one sided story that has a continuos flow and has decent writing and development. Maybe a Classics story, maybe a preearth story, and personaly, I don't care if there's a singlr human in the mix. They can do a perfectly good story without them.

Same sentiments exactly. I've always enjoyed series where there wasn't exactly a cut and dry good or evil side. Maybe do a series during the civil war. More or less start it off as just a conflict of ideas between fellow Cybertronians that spirals out of control. This way the story could be told from both factions and really flesh out the character development as to why characters choose the side they do. So with that, it wouldn't be a battle of good versus evil, just a battle between ideals, leaving a gray area of who is really right. So there could be times the Autobots in their infancy as a group may not take the proverbial high road, whereas the Decepticons may at times display better grace on the battlefield. Just something to mix it up and make it less predictable from week to week.

Archived