TFC Toys Unveils 3rd Party Aerialbots Project Uranus Phantom and Eagle Robot Images

Peter_Van

Yeah, Motormaster's feet would be made up of the cab and the rest of him is the trailer. I think it wouldn't be too hard for Takara-Tomy to make a MP Motormaster. The rest of the Stunticons are easy, more or less. They're all just sports/racing cars.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DOTM Hatchet had the potential of being awesome if the toy was voyager size. having the toy at basic size meant it was super tiny & was awful by default.

I'll meet you halfway on this, yes the size of this figure was a huge issue to factor into his awesomeness, however as I am not a fan of most transformers with heavy movie aesthetic, I feel that being small was also a strength for the figure because it did manage to take away some of the movie style detailing that plagues the larger figures.

Hatchet failed to me simply because his alt mode was completely wrong

The fact that Motomaster would probably cost 300 if OP is any indication would really make it hard to feasibly think that combiners could make it into the line with success.....I think if they did they would have to make them to be able to stand alone with alt mode and bot mode with almost the expectation only a handful would buy all of them. That's why I see a triple changer as a better avenue since it would only be one figure.....I think that would be smarter than combiners....at least at this point.....

Here's the main difference there: Motormaster is cab and trailer in alt. Mode, yet still the same size as OP in bot mode, at the most he'd be $150

How could you say it would only be $150 when the Takara version of MP10 is close to $300 and he is a stand alone figure? It would have to be an entirely new mold with a totally redesigned trailer that was more than just a hollow shell and have ports to connect and actually hold the weight of the other figures. The US version I understand is going to be $100.....but we still don't know what the Hasbro version will really be like at this point....given that's a $150 difference....which will always come at a price.

Dont get me wrong,I mean I think Takara could easily make a MP Motormaster I believe though it would be the most expensive one they made to date given the complexity it would have to be. The other stunticons I think would be a breeze for them to make as it's not like they don't have tons of experience with (I.e. Binaltech/ Alternators / Alternity / MP Rodimus Prime) figures they have already made and from what they have learned from the announced MP right now. It would probably take a year for Hasbro to bring the MP MM figure over anyways given their track record if it ever did come out in the US.

I think that the next logical figure they would release after RA is Megatron. He is due for a new figure now that the original MP Megatron is grossly out of scale and proportion with MP10.

I will say that I do like your optimism in a $150 pricepoint as well as it being made and released in the US....I guess I just don't have that much optimism.....given we are finally getting MP Thundercracker only 3 years later in the US...... :D

The fact that Motomaster would probably cost 300 if OP is any indication would really make it hard to feasibly think that combiners could make it into the line with success.....I think if they did they would have to make them to be able to stand alone with alt mode and bot mode with almost the expectation only a handful would buy all of them. That's why I see a triple changer as a better avenue since it would only be one figure.....I think that would be smarter than combiners....at least at this point.....

Here's the main difference there: Motormaster is cab and trailer in alt. Mode, yet still the same size as OP in bot mode, at the most he'd be $150

How could you say it would only be $150 when the Takara version of MP10 is close to $300 and he is a stand alone figure? It would have to be an entirely new mold with a totally redesigned trailer that was more than just a hollow shell and have ports to connect and actually hold the weight of the other figures. The US version I understand is going to be $100.....but we still don't know what the Hasbro version will really be like at this point....given that's a $150 difference....which will always come at a price.

Dont get me wrong,I mean I think Takara could easily make a MP Motormaster I believe though it would be the most expensive one they made to date given the complexity it would have to be. The other stunticons I think would be a breeze for them to make as it's not like they don't have tons of experience with (I.e. Binaltech/ Alternators / Alternity / MP Rodimus Prime) figures they have already made and from what they have learned from the announced MP right now. It would probably take a year for Hasbro to bring the MP MM figure over anyways given their track record if it ever did come out in the US.

I think that the next logical figure they would release after RA is Megatron. He is due for a new figure now that the original MP Megatron is grossly out of scale and proportion with MP10.

I will say that I do like your optimism in a $150 pricepoint as well as it being made and released in the US....I guess I just don't have that much optimism.....given we are finally getting MP Thundercracker only 3 years later in the US...... :D

I agree with all of this...........

I also think any Takara MP TF combiners would cost over $400 to $500. Depending on the size scale of each figure & gestalt mode.

if fans want deluxe limb bots combiners from takara's prices. than each one would easily cost $79.99. because this is what the deluxe MP-12 Sideswipe cost. lets not forget that any limb bot needs to have a 3rd combiner mode. combiner ports need to be added.

I think any MP core leader bot would need to be voyager or $27 usa ultra sized. most MP TF's that are ultra sized like grimlock & the mp seekers cost around $160. these might cost more because they have a extra 3rd combiner mode,combiner ports & combiner accessories.

I think Takara can make a MP TF Motormaster that is $27 usa ultra sized & cost around $160.

Honestly MP-10 Convoy cost $249 because it came with a over sized trailer accessory,roller & other accessories. had the trailer not been their then MP-10 Convoy would have cost around $160.

I also agree Takara needs to make another smaller scale MP Megatron. because the MP-05 is such a horrible toy due to the pin joints in the upper legs/waist assembly.

I want a thicker more bulkier animated styled G-1 Megatron SMALLER scale MP Megatron toy. one that has thicker/bulkier upper & lower robot legs+arms. one that is better poroprtioned than MP-05 Megatron. one that doesn't have a over sized fusion canon. one that has ratchet joints in the hips+knees+shoulders+elbows. one that comes with the riffle gun extension kit,so I don't have to buy a 3rd party one like I did for MP-05 Megatron. I want a MP sword & hand gun gun that looks similar to the chrome ones that Takara 1984 gun Megatron came with.

I second the need for a new MP megs. I would preorder that one so fast....

But Optimus isn't a stand alone figure, he comes with a very expensive trailer and other accessories, Motormaster would really just have a gun and extendable sword for accessories, and adding and hiding the combiner ports wouldn't be so ridiculously difficult that it would jack the price up by $150 more than Starscream.

I guess what I meant by a stand alone figure is that without his trailer he is still a complete figure and that he is does not combine with anyone else. MM would require the trailer as part of the robot mode which like you said for OP was an accesory that made him that much more expensive. I agree that he would be $150 more than MP Starscream given that he is selling at 169....I just think that since MM requires a trailer and it is more than a hollow shell with some small extras inside it would take it upto the $300 mark. I honestly don't even think its worth speculating anymore as it will most likely never happen....and if it does it will be released by Takara only because Hasbro won't think it would sell in the US.....unless they decided to make it the SDCC exclusive for say....2020.....then maybe......:D

Archived