Iowa Sightings

SkyClonus

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been seeing the same stuff as everyone else...Energon Ironhides as far as the eye can see @ Wal-Mart and about 6 Universe Ramjets at TRU. Not one sighting of Alt. Silverstreak or Hound yet... :(

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I should be posting in here since I live in Iowa. Most of these sightings have occured over the past month, but most of these stores I have been to recently and can vouch for:

In West Burlington, Iowa:

Super Walmart: Demolishor, Insecticon (but no Arcees, I suspect that with the overstock, that employees or collectors are opening cases just for Arcees and leaving the rest behind). Given that the aisle layout and general stock hasn't changed since last April, I won't be updating this location much anymore

Target: Reset for fall sets, Omega Supreme, Energon RP weapons have been sighted, low stock of megas, ultras, deluxes and basics indicate that may get some more product in soon

K-Mart: Megatron, Oil Slick vs Crystal Widow, lots of empty space indicates they may yet stock with more product

In Keokuk, Iowa:

New Super Walmart: Wave 3 basics (Arcees move fast), wave 3 deluxes (which include wave 2 releases with the second catalog), wave 2 megas (Mirage), Omega Supreme, Alternators wave 3 (Silverstreak, shipping with Sideswipe)

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up Alt. Silverstreak, Hound AND Dead End at the Wal Mart in Ankeny, IA. These guys were the only Alts. on the shelves. The Energon and Universe stock was still pretty bare; it looks like they're getting ready to put out new stock soon. There were two Energon Omega Supremes, though....

Saw about 20 or so 20th Ann. Optimus Primes on clearance for $50 at the Wal Mart in Ankeny, IA. They had been moved to a different aisle, away from the rest of the TF stock. I also saw 5 desert camo Ruination sets for $20/each.

• 1 month later...

Hey I'm from Northern Iowa and my area pretty much sucks. My local Wal Mart still hasn't got any 20th ann. Prime or Alts. I have to drive about 40 min. If i want to find any good stuff. Last week at Toys R Us I saw Dreadwing, Cliffjumper, and shockblast. No Megs v. Prime Two pack, Sideswipe and Ricochet reissues, or Alt. Hound.

Just saw a bunch of new Alternators at the Super Wal Mart in Ankeny, IA. There were 6 Tracks, 4 Meisters, 3 Dead Ends, along with the 4 Hounds and 2 Silverstreaks that had been on the shelves for awhile...

Archived