The many faces of Multi Force 14

Backfire

One of the most common Diaclone toys out there, the GatsBlocker aka Multiforce 14 is perhaps the only Diaclone that made it into all 4-branch series, cept Transformers.  There were even at least 2 knockoff series, which featured this character.

Kronoform, DiaKron, Jousta Diaclone and the original Takara version sold these 14 jets that merge into a powerful robot as a set.  Diaclone also sold them in individual boxes, there is no evidence to say they were sold like this with the other lines. 

You might think that with a name 14 and 14 driver seats that this might have come with the most drivers...but alas no.  In fact Kronoform and Jousta do not appear to have come with drivers at all.  Diakron and Diaclone came with a pack of 5, strange as it sounds the knockoff sets also DID. 

In the Jousta series, MF-14 was the main enemy leader, and sent his minions to come to Earth doing battle with the robotic hero's.  Kronoform probably has the best box art of them all.  Diaclone is original and came with the stronger missile launchers and Headphone drivers. 

The fake, FIGHTBOT made a typical attempt to counterfeit the original Diaclone, and then a 14 in 1 GREEN version, which makes a rather interesting variant.  A fake driver from this set can be seen in the earlier post, very well done, metal back and head, with plastic parts (also in weird colors) magnet boots are solid plastic and part of the legs.

With DiaKron and Kronoform, along with several fake versions this Pre-TF is one of the most available in the US...but finding all 14, along with the missile launchers and launching pad can be quite a challenge. 

Here’s a shot of all 6 box sets.

The diakron oine was also one of the only pre-tf toys sold through JC-Pennys and other dealers.

Here it is from 1983, BEFORE transformers were out!

JC1983-782x591.jpg

and again he mnade it into the 1984 list, along with TF's starting line up.

JC1984-2-782x1144.jpg

and finaly in the 1985 orders as well, making him one of the easiest to get dikron toys on the market, right up there with the early kronoform watches.

JC1985-14-782x1151.jpg

Here is a recent KO i was able to find:

911-450x600.jpg

You don't happen to have scans of the 1984 JC pennies Xmas catalog do ya?

Been regretting loosing the page I had from that, showing the Jets and Prime with drivers.

You don't happen to have scans of the 1984 JC pennies Xmas catalog do ya?

Been regretting loosing the page I had from that, showing the Jets and Prime with drivers.

here ya go man:

http://www.transformersontheshelf.com/catalogueJCP.html

• 3 weeks later...
cpicowhoa3.gifHoly f-ing shid!  I remember those pages!  I remember how much time I spent drooooling over the Transformers pages.

cpicoheehee.gif I don't know where or why you'd get those scans, but thanks for the blast from the past!

np man, i figured a lot of us drooled over those pages, and i love anything that has anything to deal with TF's and toys i liked.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know what the little black pegs multiforce 14 comes with are for?

If you look at a Multi-forcve 14 on the shoulders you'll see them. They fit into the boosters on the little ships.

Also i threw this in another topic, but it should be added to the many faces of diaclone MF14

Armatodo Robot (new gumball version)

also the diaclone version:

Diaclone Gumball MoC

and the orange US Gumball version (can't find picks right now)

Thanks! I was gonna post a pic of mine but you beat me to it.

Oh and there is the BIG PVC one and the KO LCD clocks. I have both.

DSCN8001.JPG

There was a brown/gold one too:

DSCN8000.JPG

also the diaclone version:

Diaclone Gumball MoC

and the orange US Gumball version (can't find picks right now)

Gumball? Does that refer to the plastic or the size? I ask becuase that fig is about 6" tall and breaks down into 14 pieces like the real deal. Even comes with some riders you can see on the card there.

DSCN8002.JPG

Archived