KOtoys shut down?

Backfire

Their store is closed, message board just says it's closed as of today.

Anybody know why?

Where am I supposed to get my cool (KO) variants to add to my collection of originals that Takara/Hasbro didn't make???

This wasn't supposed to happen until 2012!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they flew too close to the sun. Those new cassettebot knock-offs are what set off Hasbro, or so I've read.

I think KOToys was too involved in the production of such high quality knock-offs. It's one thing to just sell the toys, made by whoever, but quite another to follow the progress of the the from idea, prototype, and finished product.

I'm sure KO Toys will be back sooner or later. They are based in China and China is known for Flaunting American Copyright and Trademark laws

I had the same thought about them going too far with the dino cassettes and the headmaster heads.

I would have been happier if they produced the cassettes but reversed the colors so there was definitely a way to distinguish the KO from the real thing. Now I'll never have that set.

I got almost the entire seeker series from them, at least I have that.

I hope they come back in a different manor, I was considering some of those kits, I WANT MORE SUNSTREAKER HEADS.

Now that Hasbro likely shut them down, Hasbro can bring all the great figures KOToys was 'counterfeiting' to the shelves. [/sarcasm]

Now that Hasbro likely shut them down, Hasbro can bring all the great figures KOToys was 'counterfeiting' to the shelves. [/sarcasm]

Actually, you'd think maybe that would happen. So KOToys made a successful web page business selling some remade toys that Hasbro and takara didn't bother to make them selves. You'd think maybe a little bell or light bulb (oh wait, traditional light bulbs are illegal now arn't they?) would go off and they'd realize HEY, old school collectors are eating this stuff up. We could make some money if we sell this stuff?

I'm just pissed because there were more variations they could have made for us that Hasbro and Takara were not going to. I'd want a BLUE Bluestreak classics toy, Just have to paint one my self.

I think as long as the other stores focus mainly on the third party products they should be OK. I think KO toys would have been ok if they had just kept making variations like Deep Cover.

Archived