G1 Collection Checklist

Hey everyone...

I thought this might be useful, so I'm posting this here for any G1 collectors to use...

It's a checklist broken down by year and separated by faction

I have one printed out that I keep by my toys to check off as I surf and purchase off of EvilBay :P

Now that I'm very close to completing my collection I keep the file highlighted to indicate what's left: all the ones I still need in Red and any that I have but are incomplete in Yellow.

Anyhow, here's a link to it: Generation One Checklist

Have fun checking stuff off!

I am close to completing my g1 collection but am I wrong in not including actionmasters in my collection since I do not believe they are g1......... :tfpwn

:P I had thought that at first and not wanted to collect Actionmasters or Pretenders - but after finding a big lot of them complete for a good deal I became a completest ;) So now I'm mainly missing the 1989 Pretenders and only Gutcruncher as far as Actionmasters go...and about 19 or 20 others to have a full American collection :bounce I wont know what to with myself after that though! Of course, aren't most of yours mint in box? That's really impressive too.

I think it's a habit to want to check off names from the list - "I'm just one away from having all of this subcategory" or "2 more and I complete this year." I have a problem :tflaugh

• 11 months later...

great work, but wouldn't this work better as a spreadsheet?

I actually keep track of my collection with one. I just have a column assigned to everything that I could want to keep track of for each figure: Series and sub-series, Size classifications for the newer figures, Name (der), if I have the box for it or not, and a spot for other notes like obvious condition problems or missing pieces.

It was a real pain to set it up initially, even for my relatively small collection of <150, but I like having it too keep track of the numbers and to inventory everything

MS Excel for the checklist win. I too created one, divided by series, w/ an automatic counter, as well as indivdual series counts, main character counts, etc. PITA to get working, always fiddling with it. Just not sure I've got all the available figs in it, tho. I took the checklist off Hasbro's site's Collectors section, but (even with my limited TF knowledge) I found several omissions.

It does the trick tho- it tells me I've gone way to far with this hobby!

EDIT- Snapes, the list looks nice. Shouldn't be hard to paste into a spreadsheet. Can you make similar lists for all the series? :wave

Archived