Keith's Fantasy Club changed name to Keith's Toy Club.

Scaleface

The following was posted by CZ Hazard, who works with KFC/KTC.

I've been working with Keith on the stories and bios for the KFC line for a couple of years now, recently Keith has asked me to help out with a public face for the company and someone who can explain things in (hopefully good) English without a language barrier to confuse matters. I will attempt to do my best to help out with answers where and when I can.

One of the first things Keith asked me to help with was with the re-branding of KFC. I argued that people would think he was trying to "pull a fast one", by changing the name, as some bad feedback and a sliding reputation had potential affected the KFC brand and it could look like a cowardly choice. A decision was made that any rebranding needed to be PUBLIC so as to dismiss any bad feeling or word of mouth that might arise from the decision. At all times the decision has been in the public eye, as both iterations KFC / KTC stand by their name and product as they attempt to move forward.

After much deliberation and many, many alternative choices being looked at, Keith settled on Toys Xpress, and this was announced at Auto Assembly 2014. Unfortunately, a google search had not been carried out for this name and the name Toys Xpress was also taken, not to mention that the name (and logos) failed to resonate in a positive manner with the fans. While some other feedback suggested they pack up and go home, all the feedback on Facebook suggested that they should keep with the tried and tested KFC brand,

This bought us back to our first question; that of re-branding. Originally, this was a decision Keith made as some retailers has given us feedback that the KFC name was a hard sell to fans because of a certain fried chicken company. While the initials may have bought Keiths Fantasy Club to the dance and captured peoples imagination with their logo early on in the companies history, it had now proven to be a point of contention as well as polluting internet search engine results.

Keith's Toy Club says what it is.

KTC make toys, not fantasies.
It is grammatically correct.
The logo is still recognisable as the company, showing they are not hiding from their past.
KTC and Keith's Toy Club provide better search engine results.

"We are trying to appease people who hate our old name and initials, the people who hated the Toys Xpress branding concept, and all the retailers who supported the company through some very trying times. We know that no matter what we do we cannot please all of the people all of the time, but we hope that this rebranding will go some way to addressing several concerns."

Ultimately though; take this away from the rebrand: KTC are attempting their very best to move forward, addressing fans concerns about QC, tolerances and materials as well as setting up a dedicated aftercare email hotline, which hopefully should not be needed moving forward especially with the aftercare established at the retailer / re-seller level.

I hope you join me in wishing KTC the best of luck in moving forward and growing their company, while providing a BETTER product for the fans. After all, without the fans, what is any 3P company?

post-16931-0-30713300-1408491898_thumb.png