Transformers 4 ideas from those who like the TF Movies.

nakobass

I want to see prowl in whatever movie they make next. And the post movie cast from the 86 movie. I don't particularly want more beaties though, they haven't worked for me so far. An evil cyclops hello kitty, and Thanksgiving dinner getting it's own back have been kinda lame so far

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a question I think we all need to think about. When should the new Transformers Trilogy Start?

I say summer of 2014. That should give people a little break before starting a new Trilogy. Let people miss

Transformers for a couple of summers to build up the demand for a new Trilogy.

I don't really know how long they will wait to get started again on a new TF project. I do not think they will want to wait too long though. Hollywood isn't what it used to be. There's a lot more pressure than ever to earn, and earn BIG. Not many movies do that. Big sure fire blockbusters are getting harder and harder to predict. Right now there are only a few real big movie franchises that one could say are "can't miss" status, and Transformers is one of them.

You can give your star player a day off once in awhile, but you can't afford to not play him! That's the reality of the movie business. They need their star players on the field, not on the bench. With that said, I can see there maybe being no more than a year longer than what we've gotten. So 3 years tops. Unless the studio immediately starts to fast track the process for the next, it could be possible they keep chugging for 2.

I'm kind of sensing Unicron trilogy myself. I think Hasbro has been wanting it for starters.

Like the idea of seeing the next movie start off with the Magnus, Hot Rod, etc...group of Autobots.

I would probably say that most of Cybertron DID survive the space bridge incident, but a large portion of the outer shell was blown away. Seeing that it was almost honey comb like, it's possible to make the leap that the majority is still there. Among the wreckage, they re-discover parts of their history deep inside forgotten parts of Cybertron. Would be a great place to involve humans as well, helping in the archaeology. Could be there where they first find clues to the existence of Unicron.

If they approach it from the point of view where Cybertron itself is also a living world, then they could say that the trauma sustained after a part was blown away caused Primus to wake and unleash the primal scream that wakes Unicron. There you have a direct nod to the comics.

However, don't know if the trilogy can handle 2 living planets! Unicron might stretch the limits of what normal people are willing to accept. So they may take another approach. Prequel trilogy is always possible, I just kinda hope they don't.

You make a good point. With Harry Porter and the other big movie franchises ending. Holloywood may want the New Transformers Trilogy to begin sooner rather then later. I'm sure they are already thinking who will be the new Director. We will definitely get something different from what Bay did. Only time will tell if that's good or bad. Whoever writes the screenplay will have a really hard time. If you introduce the Dinobots, you have to stay on Earth, If you go with Unicron, you have to take the movie into space. Whatever it is, it has to be big to draw the public into another Transformers Trilogy. I still think they will play up the Sci-fi elements for the new Trilogy. Time-Travel, Another Alien Race, Space Battles may all be on the table for the 2nd Trilogy.

Normal people wont even accept Unicron, And I doubt Hasbro is trying to go that route. They also know that Transformers Fans are a small majority, therefore when it comes to the movies. They really do not care what the fanboys think. Its the mass audience they care about. So far everything that has been said has been related back to G1. Which like I said before Transformers Fans are incapable of separating from the Movie Verse and just let the Movie Verse and just let the Movie Verse be its own continuity.

Now I see Transformers 4 taking place about 10 to 20 years after DOTM. That there gets rid of all the old characters. Bumblebee would not return, as he would stay with Sam. And the movie would move away from those 2. You would have Optimus Prime, Mirage, The Wreckers, Ratchet and anyone else, against the new Decepticons with humans joining both sides

Leaving not just one city destroyed but at least the West coast of America gone. Or an entire country gone. Galvatron shows up and gets his ass handed to him by Optimus. More death and chaos, Human Alliance takes on a new meaning when Humans are forced to take control of the bots and thus some humans and Autobots and humans and Decepticons are fused together in a new symbiotic relationship. Where neither can exist without the other, Kind of like Brainmasters from the Victory line and makes more sense, so as to not put off the mass general audience.

Normal people wont even accept Unicron, And I doubt Hasbro is trying to go that route. They also know that Transformers Fans are a small majority, therefore when it comes to the movies. They really do not care what the fanboys think. Its the mass audience they care about. So far everything that has been said has been related back to G1. Which like I said before Transformers Fans are incapable of separating from the Movie Verse and just let the Movie Verse and just let the Movie Verse be its own continuity.

Now I see Transformers 4 taking place about 10 to 20 years after DOTM. That there gets rid of all the old characters. Bumblebee would not return, as he would stay with Sam. And the movie would move away from those 2. You would have Optimus Prime, Mirage, The Wreckers, Ratchet and anyone else, against the new Decepticons with humans joining both sides

Leaving not just one city destroyed but at least the West coast of America gone. Or an entire country gone. Galvatron shows up and gets his ass handed to him by Optimus. More death and chaos, Human Alliance takes on a new meaning when Humans are forced to take control of the bots and thus some humans and Autobots and humans and Decepticons are fused together in a new symbiotic relationship. Where neither can exist without the other, Kind of like Brainmasters from the Victory line and makes more sense, so as to not put off the mass general audience.

All that being said, What year do you think Transformers 4 should be released in theaters, and why? My money is on 2014, but it may be sooner if you consider madman1366 good points.

I would say either 2014 or 2015. Enough time to allow the old trilogy to slow down. But would leave enough interest in seeing another Transformers Trilogy fresh. That way Transformers does not become just another sequel. If they continued to do one every 2 years then quite honestly the audience would end up overwhelmed and not going to the theater.. But with at least a 3 year break you would have people wanting to see another one.

I would say either 2014 or 2015. Enough time to allow the old trilogy to slow down. But would leave enough interest in seeing another Transformers Trilogy fresh. That way Transformers does not become just another sequel. If they continued to do one every 2 years then quite honestly the audience would end up overwhelmed and not going to the theater.. But with at least a 3 year break you would have people wanting to see another one.

I agree. As much as I loved all the TF movies, even I feel I need a break for a couple of years. Hasbro could always release a Animeted Transformers Movie in the Movie-verse inbetween the break. I have a feeling we might even see an Anime version of the Movie-verse done by MADHOUSE or some other anime studio. Marvel is doing that right now with it's properties.

Earliest I think we could see it, late 2013 or early 2014. They might decide to put it out to help out the struggling winter numbers at the box office. Though, if they decide to really take their time, probably end of 2014. Something tells me they will move away from the summer, at least one time. If that doesn't work so well, probably back to the summer.

The news we hear in the coming months should tell us all we need to know. If they hope to move fast, then we should be hearing news fast. Both sequels received green lights from the studio almost as soon as the positive numbers flowed in from the box office. We already know DOTM will end up right up with the other 2 in profitability so now it's up to the production team.

Hasbro might have their own demands as well. They might not want to wait. The movieverse is probably their highest grossing TF product line ever. We saw what happened to their sales numbers a year ago with no real engine to drive the sales. The product, while movieverse related, wasn't marketed as much in support of ROTF. They were just there.

An extra years wait for new movie product can't be good if they struggle with figure sales in the meantime. Granted, Prime can be a line that helps with a cartoon supporting, but if that's the case, they better step up the pace of the show. Too long of a wait for new episodes and waaaayyyyy too many re-runs!

They should leave cliffhangers in the next movies. Both TF1 and TF2 had endings where the Autobots won, so there wasn't really a huge build up to DotM for me. Instead of having each movie take places a few years apart, they should just have a direct continuation. Kind of like the LotR trilogy, Matrix 2 & 3, BttF...

Archived