Kreon Upgrade Kit [shapeways]

Wu Long Ti

Tailgate's head is coming along nicely, though I'm getting extremely annoyed at the ball socket... any tips?

What size class are you going for? If it's a larger set/head then maybe it could be a two part piece?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tailgate's head is coming along nicely, though I'm getting extremely annoyed at the ball socket... any tips?

What size class are you going for? If it's a larger set/head then maybe it could be a two part piece?

I'm making it as a replacement head for Scout class RTS Windcharger, what I'm having trouble with is the ball itself, I can't figure the dang thing out

I'm making it as a replacement head for Scout class RTS Windcharger

oh okay. yeah, working with spheres is such a pain in sketchup... creating them is more annoying that it should be and when you try to merge them with other parts chunks of their geometry will randomly vanish...

I'm still trying to figure out the "sweet spot" between too much socket and the ball can't get in, and not enough socket and the ball keeps popping out. Oddly enough there isn't a whole lot of tutorials out there for toy design lol

*claps* Dude, those new sketches are amazing! Keep up the great work! And to think I thought Kreons couldn't get any better. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the new wave and combiners!

*claps* Dude, those new sketches are amazing! Keep up the great work! And to think I thought Kreons couldn't get any better. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the new wave and combiners!

Thanks!

I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to those combiners! I've got a lot in mind for those :D

I'm making it as a replacement head for Scout class RTS Windcharger

oh okay. yeah, working with spheres is such a pain in sketchup... creating them is more annoying that it should be and when you try to merge them with other parts chunks of their geometry will randomly vanish...

I'm still trying to figure out the "sweet spot" between too much socket and the ball can't get in, and not enough socket and the ball keeps popping out. Oddly enough there isn't a whole lot of tutorials out there for toy design lol

Yeah, after much trial and error I finally got a working sphere... however since I did not purchase the full version of the program I cannot cut, or merge objects, so my efforts ended up being very pointless.... still gonna get my Tailgate head proto, he'll have an empty peg hole at the base of his head that the ball can fit into, other than that I don't know what else to do...

Yeah, after much trial and error I finally got a working sphere... however since I did not purchase the full version of the program I cannot cut, or merge objects, so my efforts ended up being very pointless.... still gonna get my Tailgate head proto, he'll have an empty peg hole at the base of his head that the ball can fit into, other than that I don't know what else to do...

That's what I see most heads for articulated papercraft gundams do and it works well enough. If you give a slight lip to your socket to keep the ball from falling right back out if the figure falls over then that might meet the requirements of having a ball socket.

What program are you using?

That's what I see most heads for articulated papercraft gundams do and it works well enough. If you give a slight lip to your socket to keep the ball from falling right back out if the figure falls over then that might meet the requirements of having a ball socket.

I'm using Sketchup free, that lip idea would have been good, I already ordered my prototype, so we'll see how it goes

I'm using Sketchup free, that lip idea would have been good, I already ordered my prototype, so we'll see how it goes

You can chop up or merge objects/groups/components with the free version, you just have to "explode" them first. I think that the only difference between the free and the pro versions have to do with interactions with some architecture program and "corporate licensing".

Thanks!

I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to those combiners! I've got a lot in mind for those :D

You are very welcome talented sir. Sweet, can't wait!:notworthy

Archived