sunstorm, acidstorm...... icestorm?

shajaki

so, everyone knows about sunstorm. the go to generic seeker after most others hsve been done. and who can forget his DW appearances?

i was surprised to see hasbro officially recognize acid storm (even in the ugly camo of his debut toy). but now he's up to three(i think?) one even being a masterpiece!

so wheres the blue man of the group? i called him the faded jeans seeker, but i digress. ive seen custom figures on ebay dubbing him as ice storm which i think is rather fetching.

so when will has/tak officially recognize this guy? is it part of their sadistic plan to always give us a trio of seekers minus one member?

Sunstorm is not a member of the Rainmakers. This was confirmed from Hasbro. He currently has no name. The blue one technically doesn't either, as FunPub has also mentioned. However, the blue guy in both the Rainmakers and the Welcoming Committee appear to be the same guy: Bitstream.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rainmaker

see... im confused. youd think that all the rainmakers would have the word "storm" in their names. that would be neat.

that botcon set is called the rainmakers, but theyre clearly the colors of the welcoming committee.

i can accept that sunstorm isnt a rainmaker as the yellow rainmaker is such a bright yellow and sunstorm is usually a darker yellow/orange. but saying bitstream is both i think is silly. one is teal, and the other is the faded jeans blue...

im aware of the animation mistakes. but the WC and the RM are clearly not mistakes. generic nobodies, but not mistakes.

and im sure theres lots of people out there who are sick of seekers. but i for one love them, and will probably always buy them. and has/tak wouldnt make them if they didnt sell. so there must be enough seeker fans out there to warrant their production.

as far as classics go, i personally dont need hasbro to make rainmakers (or namely ice storm which i based this topic on) because i have the chms rainmakers. not to mention a trio of generic purple seekers and two different sunstorms (orange and yellow). so im covered.

i guess i opened this discussion because.... maybe im just surprised these seekers havent been officially recognized yet. seekers sell. even as exclusives.

the ones i do need though are masterpieces(mp11 mold):

-skywarp

-blue rainmaker

we've got starscream\thundercracker and sunstorm/acidstorm. two more to complete two trios!

also, we've now seen that theyre willing to retool masterpiece figures, so i wonder what holding them back from mp'ing the coneheads?

Archived