Hasbro/Takara roundup: Whatever happened to toy X?

Nevermore

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this supposed to tell me?

That 6 months ago there was some vague sightings? ;)

What is this supposed to tell me?

That 6 months ago there was some vague sightings? ;)

:tflaugh  good one.

Hey Nevermore I`d go ahead and denounce what I said about the Hummer and the Cobalt Alts since the guy who said he`d seen sketches and pics of the protos never supplied me with anymore concrete evidence. And the only dark red Alternator or Binaltech truck that I know of for sure is the Rodimus Prime kitbash that I`m working on. Sorry for any confusion. I am thinking of trying to get a job for Hasbro designing TF`s and that is why I`m doing my kitbashes. It`s also why Rodimus is taking so long as he will be the main focus of my portfolio in my resume. Another project I`m going to be working on soon is a Binaltech version of Bumblebee as a VW Beetle convertible wish me luck I`m gonna need it. Oh and once in at Hasbro if I do get in I will relay all of the fan requests I`ve heard here to the guys incharge. I think that`s what they need is someone who is actually in contact w/ their fans letting them know what the fans really want so they don`t screw things up anymore. So who wants a real MP Devastator? He`d have to be a little bit smaller than 1:24 probably more like around 1:28 or 1:32. Ah well I need to get in first then I`ll try my best to get us what we really want. :thumb

The Sideswipe means,...that two sightings are possible in the US. IT COULD BE HERE IN RARE SHIPMENTS!

I CAN'T Find the links. I know i saw a link somewhere else from Hasbro about it.

Hey Nevermore I`d go ahead and denounce what I said about the Hummer and the Cobalt Alts since the guy who said he`d seen sketches and pics of the protos never supplied me with anymore concrete evidence.

As expected...

And the only dark red Alternator or Binaltech truck that I know of for sure is the Rodimus Prime kitbash that I`m working on. Sorry for any confusion.

Well, there's still the pickup that's been rumored by more than one source...

I am thinking of trying to get a job for Hasbro designing TF`s and that is why I`m doing my kitbashes. It`s also why Rodimus is taking so long as he will be the main focus of my portfolio in my resume. Another project I`m going to be working on soon is a Binaltech version of Bumblebee as a VW Beetle convertible wish me luck I`m gonna need it.

Are you going to base it on the concept designs from the Japanese BT book?

Oh and once in at Hasbro if I do get in I will relay all of the fan requests I`ve heard here to the guys incharge. I think that`s what they need is someone who is actually in contact w/ their fans letting them know what the fans really want so they don`t screw things up anymore. So who wants a real MP Devastator? He`d have to be a little bit smaller than 1:24 probably more like around 1:28 or 1:32. Ah well I need to get in first then I`ll try my best to get us what we really want. :thumb

One might think that, assuming you actually succeed and get the Hasbro gig, as soon as you get in, you're gonna be confronted with a reality shock. And will soon lose all your idealism.

Keep it up as long as you can, though. :thumb

The Sideswipe means,...that two sightings are possible in the US. IT COULD BE HERE IN RARE SHIPMENTS!

Read page 1 again, kiddo:

Was released in Canada (June 2004) and Australia (December 2004), but has been confirmed by various credible sources NEVER TO HAVE SHIPPED to US TRUs. So, if anyone is reporting having seen reissue Side Swipe in US retail, he's either lying, confusing him with another toy or it's a mystery that's yet to be solved (imported from Canada/Australia? Though that's not likely). Keep in mind that if you insist having seen him in US retail, I won't necessarily accuse you of being a liar, just write it off as a "mystery". No official US release.

I CAN'T Find the links. I know i saw a link somewhere else from Hasbro about it.

They claimed he was out in the US, but they also claimed that the Mazda RX-8 Alternator was going to be named "Camshaft" only 1-2 day before officially confirming his name to be "Meister".

Re: the SideSwipe TRU-Reissue

Isnt it possible that peopel purchased a Swipe in Canada while visiting or somethign and then returned it a few days or a week later when they got home to some random Northern state in the US.  Then after TRU-refaces the Isles - someon else comes along and BAM! buys Swipes in the US

I am sure this is not a new suggestion.....but....

Hunter

Archived