Human Alliance - Voyager Class

Smokescreened

I've slowly been getting the voyager class Human Alliance figures, I've just got three of them so far:

Jazz - Excellent, it's exactly how he should have been in the first movie line.

Bumblebee ~ Dark Of The Moon repaint version - Pretty good, shame his cannon arm can't become a second hand. The head is a little odd.

Sideswipe ~ Dark Of The Moon black repaint version - Not too bad, the alt mode is beautiful and the robot mode is alright, would have been better if it wasn't for the back kibble and upper leg tubes.

I'm thinking of buying the DOTM black repaint version of Skids next week while he's still cheap, not sure if he's worth getting though since I hated the character in ROTF and he looks like he's been headbutting buses while speeding.

What's the feeling of the line from others? Any they wish would appear like Ironhide, or is the line not liked very much due to having the frankly useless human figures added with them. The Sam figure that comes with Bumblebee seems to be accurate to the character in the movie - both look as dim witted as ever no matter what.

I was wanting to get Barricade but he's very expensive and very rare now.

So anyway, what's the feelings on the Voyager class Human Alliance line?

I love the voyager class $29.99 HA movie verse toys.

I only bought 4 of them. 2007 bumblebee in first release colors,jazz,barricade & black sideswipe.

I don't like the movie-verse twins so I didn't buy any of their toys.

Had Hasbro Released the $29.99 HA Soundwave toy to american retail stores. I probably would have bought it. I would have considered this toy a cool Generation 2 go-bots soundwave toy homage. their were rumors early on that the robot mode was deluxe sized like HA Leadfoot. but those deluxe rumors got proven false when some bought the toy & reported the HA Soundwave robot mode was voyager sized. I'm holding out hope HA Soundwave appears at american based discount stores like TJmaxx,Marshalls,Ollies,etc...

I bought,tried & then returned the DOTM new mold wreckers $29.99 toys of Target Leadfoot & Roadbuster. Leadfoot was just a awful toy it was deluxe sized & had a huge gap in the robot chest & abdomen section. roadbuster wasn't bad but the robot head sculpt was pure ugly. leadfoot had another ugly robot head scult.

The best thing about $29.99 HA leadfoot. is his gun that transforms into a dog.

$29.99 Barricade has a slight problem with the legs & the tabs need to be sliced/cut off so the legs can walk forward & backwards normally.

I originally had the silver HA sideswipe but then got rid of him. I later on back the black version. I think the black version looks coolers & is a G-2 homage. I also like the megan fox figure the toy comes with.

I was really hoping & dreaming Hasbro would release a Target store exclusive of $29.99 HA jazz in white with racing decals like hasbro did for the 2007 deluxe movie jazz toy.

I would have loved to seem Hasbro/Takara create more movie verse $29.99 HA toys. my short list was as follows: Lockdown, Sideways,deadend,I wanted a HA Prowl repaint using the Barricade toy mold.

I would have loved to see the $29.99 Human alliance toy line cross-over into the TF Prime & Generations toy lines.

I was one of the fans that didn't want to see $29.99 HA toys of ironhide & Ratchet. because I believed the $29.99 HA toy line should be reserved for sports cars type alt modes or regular cars. Anyways I felt their was already a bunch of awesome movie-verse toys for ratchet & ironhide,so they didn't need the HA toy treatment.

My ultimate dream was for Hasbro/Takara to create a set of Five $29.99 HA stunticons that merged to form menasor. with the DOTM HA Basics. hasbro could have created 4 basic sized HA stunticons & one voyager sized $29.99 HA Motormaster to combine to form Menasor. I was trying to figure out a decent HA movie alt mode for motormaster,maybe a 4X4 pick up truck,A hummer or a Truck cab with no trailer. clearly this was a missed opportunity the company didn't see nor envision.

Depends on where you get them. They started out as $29.99, might have crept up since then. BTW, thanks for starting a thread on this Smokescreened.

Looking around for deals can sometimes result in finding them for a lot cheaper. I got HA Jazz for £20, Bumblebee for £15 and Sideswipe for £26 or so. All from Amazon. At this time HA Skids is going for prices ranging from £20 to about £40. I'm considering getting HA Skids for £20 if I'm lucky to next week.

No problem, I've noticed a lack of threads about them. I'm not sure if people like them, hate them or know little about them so don't talk about them.

Well, you're already off to a good start. You've got HA Jazz, who is IMHO the best of the HA lot. Note: I do not have HA Soundwave, but what I've seen strongly suggests that at the worst, this toy is the equal of Jazz.

Barricade is nearly as good as Jazz, but the toy loses points because you virtually have to do the hip mod to enjoy it. Which now brings the Twins and the 2 Wreckers into the mix. I honestly believe both Twins to be really cool toys that offer pretty good value for your entertainment dollar, with Skids being a little better than Mudflap as a consequence of Mudflaps' leg setup. Leadfoot is practically as good as it gets, IMO, with Roadbuster being a very good toy--just not in the league of Jazz, Barricade, Leadfoot or the Twins. It is clearly better than Sideswipe and is the equal of the Bumblebee HA mold.

I would go for Mudflap to go with Skids if I could, but Mudflap is extremely rare to the point of not existing at all due to the very short stocking of him. Soundwave has sadly not appeared, he's suffered the Mudflap problem of next to no stock of him.

I've seen some video reviews of HA Soundwave, he looks interesting.

When I saw HA Jazz for £20 back in December I just knew I had to get him while I had the chance and I don't regret buying him, he is amazing. He's like a little Masterpiece or Alternator/Binal Tech, very impressive.

the Human Alliance toys were Voyagers? Never knew that.

I think I mostly kept up to date on the new mold HAs, with an exception of Soundwave and the repainted versions.

I don't really have much reaction to the line, as I've pretty much kept them boxed up. :tflaugh I did buy a second Jazz when I spotted him at Ross/TJ Maxx, to open up. He's a great figure.

They never had a size class, but I would rank them as being a Voyager myself. So far as I know, HA Soundwave (and the entire remaining DOTM line) has been cancelled by Hasbro. I wouldn't expect to see him on shelves.

Archived