What's the size difference between Metroplex/ Trypticon vs Fortress Maximus,Scorponok

southpawdragon

I hate to say it, but for once I agree with X-Bob. If all G1 first wave TF's were the same scale in vehicle mode (i.e., enlarge the minibots), then Bumblebee and Cliffjumper would be among the tallest "regular TF's", and Brawn would be Prime's size almost.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's take good old Optimus for scale. That's a valid point, since there is a scale model of Optimus by the name of Masterpiece Convoy, who is 1 : 24 scale. MP Convoy is 12 inches roughly, so that times 24 would be his actual size, WST Convoy is considered to be on scale with the cities. WST Convoy is an inch high. The math is simple from there on, and yet I am still too lazy to do it.

Using alt mode scale in relation to robot mode scale is lame and dosn't work

True. Mass-shifting is a factor. But I can't see why it couldn't work using just the vehicle mode of Prime.

Let's take good old Optimus for scale. That's a valid point, since there is a scale model of Optimus by the name of Masterpiece Convoy, who is 1 : 24 scale. MP Convoy is 12 inches roughly, so that times 24 would be his actual size, WST Convoy is considered to be on scale with the cities. WST Convoy is an inch high. The math is simple from there on, and yet I am still too lazy to do it.

True. Mass-shifting is a factor. But I can't see why it couldn't work using just the vehicle mode of Prime.

Because the WST arn't always in scale with the city bots

They're never.

It's still a rough estimate. I do not own any citybot (This will change soon.), but form the pics I've seen with Metroplex and WST's it's plausible.

Aren't there any official size charts? I mean like the one from Galaxy force that showed the scale of the figures in comparison to the Gigalonia guys.

They're never.

It's still a rough estimate. I do not own any citybot (This will change soon.), but form the pics I've seen with Metroplex and WST's it's plausible.

Aren't there any official size charts? I mean like the one from Galaxy force that showed the scale of the figures in comparison to the Gigalonia guys.

X-BoB58 to the rescue!

post-4123-1174591541_thumb.jpg

I still don't see why any intelligent being would want to spend most of his day sitting on his rump disguised as a city. I mean. it's like, where would he go?

I believe Metroplex spends most of his hours WoWing whilst Tryticon downloads KISS Play style pron to fap over. ;)

METROPLEX

Pros: Giant who sleeps beneath Autobot City. Gave the Quintessons a nasty scare when they conquered Autobot City on Earth only to discover that it had a gargantuan guardian that slumbered within its core. Kicks severe ass.

Cons: Although a vitally important task for the citizens of Autobot City, being a slumbering giant isn't terribly exciting at most times. Back to WoW...

TRYPTICON

Pros: Transforms from giant robotic dinosaur to mobile battle fortress - single-handedly fought all the Dinobots and they were fairly evenly matched (i.e. Trypticon alone possesses the might of all five Dinobots!).

Cons: Not fuel efficient. Trypticon expends massives amounts of fuel - this was true in both the G1 cartoon (demonstrated by Octane's effort to exploit Carbomia to meet Trypticon's Energon demands) and comics (demonstrated by Ratbat's recall of Trypticon's assault on the Ark and tangle with the Dinobots -- shame though, as it would have been neat to see who would won between Trypticon Vs Dinobots; but Trypticon was withdrawn when he exceeded the fuel budget for the mission).

SCORPONOK

Pros: Intelligent, charismatic and a visionary who always sought what he considered was for the best interests of the Decepticon cause, even if at times that cause conflicted with his own personal interests. Strong sense of justice and morality - felt an obligation to serve those he commanded by leading them well, and also being an active role model of what a Decepticon warrior should be. Incredibly brave and met what was arguably the most heroic death in Decepticon history.

Cons: Despite external bravado, actually has relatively low self-image/esteem. Beneath the almighty hulk of a Decepticon that is Scorponok beats the heart of a man (Nebulan) - who he sees as mortal, weak and frail. In many ways, uses his identity as Scorponok to compensate for this emotional shortcoming.

FORTRESS MAXIMUS

Pros: Extremely powerful and wise as an Autobot commander. Unlike Scorponok, whose persona is almost entirely Zarak, Fortress Maximus maintains a consciously independent will (although Cerebros has no will of his own - in the comics Cerebros was only built to allow Galen to bond with the newly built Fortress Maximus ver 2 body) - when bonded with Spike, Fort Max communes with him on a separately conscious level, effectively giving Fortress Maximus a split personality, although it is clearly Spike's mind which is in command of Fortress Maximus. Fort Max's mind can only counsel and advise Spike, but it is Spike who must make the conscious thought to make Fort Max act/speak. This was probably done to prevent Fortress Maximus from suffering some kind of conflicting personality disorder like Devastator (whose combined mind is a confused amalgam of the six Constructicons arguing with each other).

Cons: Spike Witwicky was never terribly interested in being a full time Autobot. He intially took up the mantle to save Buster and soon helped the Autobots to rebuilt Optimus Prime as a Powermaster - which allowed Spike to retire as Autobot commander and resume his life as a regular human being. Although his past life as an Autobot would continue to haunt him as demonstrate when he and a university friend were hunted by Pretender Beasts, a second time when the Ark crashed on Earth and Spike was mentally summoned to the crash site by Fortress Maximus, and finally when Spike returned to Fortress Maximus to thwart Megatron in G2 - which cost them their lives. Had Galen lived, it would have very interesting to see how Fortress Maximus' career would have panned out as a full-time Autobot commander (and binary bonded with a Nebulan leader as opposed to a human uni student).

They're never.

X-BoB58 to the rescue!

Add that to the previously posted FM-Metroplex pic and there we have it, ladies and gentlemen.

And crap. Now I need a WST Rodimus to compare.

Archived