Autobot Hearse

hmmmmm

i liked everything but Munky

He looks nothing like Starscream.

Hey, you asked for it :P

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a passionate Transformers fan I remember my parents taking me to see the original cartoon movie in theatres back in the day and having great memories embedded into my childhood forever. This movie was by no means perfect but its TRANSFORMERS after all these years still going strong. I went with my wife and friends to see it last year and you know what? when I think of that day it gives me goosebumps because the circle is complete. Be happy our franchise got a producer named Spielberg to back it! Bay directed it and I don't mind at all. He made a 2 Hour commercial.... hell yes. The whole series is based out of being a toy commercial. Wala.

And because of that success we now have ANIMATED and at least two more films coming. Not to mention wave after wave of new toys for us all to enjoy.My rant is over thanks for taking the time to read it. :tflaugh

Movie was great, even if starscream was the worst design in it. And yes none of the decepticons had any character to them. On a side note I do like the new cartoon but I wish i didnt look like a watered down anime knockoff.

Why do all cartoons these days have to have characters with heads bigger than their entire bodies? Remember the old transformers cartoon where people looked like people! (anyway I digress) all in all the movie was good hope the next one is better, and avoid the toon toys like a plague! They should have given the classics line a cartoon istead...

I think my ONLY gripe is that I wish there had been a little less to the robots, especially in their faces. I just feel there is way to much to look at on them. Not even changing thier designs, but less parts.

I wish the Helicopter had just been saved and used for Megatron instead of that stupid space ship.

i thought the movie was great, whoever expected some incredible story-line is an idiot. G1 IS transformers, but has anyone watched it lately? I mean, i love it, but most of the plot lines are pretty RIDICULOUS. And. Whoever was hoping that bumblebee was a bug, or prime was a flat nosed semi, or ratchet and ironhide were japanese vans, or megatron was a gun, is an idiot also. you have to update, i've ALWAYS hated bumblebee's alt mode, but that camaro is AWESOME which gives new life and appeal to the character. Prime looks much more bad ass as a long-nosed semi, the flat-nosed is just really lame. and don't get me started on g1 ratchet and ironhide's alt modes and why they should have been changed.

Whoever was expecting the robots to have all the screen time with little to no humans is an idiot as well. if you think it's possible to have a robot in each scene, looking as realistic as they did and have the movie cost $150 million, then you my friend need some help. It's a miracle they made this movie at $150.

THE CHARACTERS ARE NOT FLESHED OUT BECAUSE THE STUDIO DIDN'T GIVE THEM THAT KIND OF MONEY.

Michael Bay made the best movie he could.

And for everyone complaining about the complexity.. if they weren't that complex, would it really be believable? NO it's wouldn't, it wouldn't be believable have these blocky things walking around, having half of ratchet and ironhide disappearing.. it's just stupid to think that that would be an appropriate way to portray these characters in the year 2007. As far as frank welker for megatron.. yeah it's a bummer, but i certainly think it was the right choice to go with hugo, his voice is much more real life, where as franks is way more cartoony. And the head designs come on.. they look menacing for once, megatron actually looks bad ass instead of a grey face with a bucket on his head. starscream looked creepy also, instead of having a grey face with a black helmet.. need i say more.

All in All the movie was incredible. I'm very excited for the next one, and very glad they have a larger budget to flesh out the characters and show more of the decepticons.

The good.

1. Mikayla

2. Some of the toys were suprisingly ok (Leader Prime, Leader brawl)

3. Automorph was a cool new idea for the toys.

The Bad.

1. Just about everything else

2. Stupid story line

3. overly complicated designs where everything moves and spins

4. Blurry action

5. Missing action (bumblebee and barricade fight, prime and megatron final battle)

6. Too many toy repaints

7. characters that die too easily (jazz, brawl)

8. Writers were not true transformers fans.

9. ALL THE HEAD DESIGNS SUCKED!!

10. Everthing else that others have mentioned.

What the next movie needs to be a win:

1. Mikayla nude scene.

Almost unwatchable as far as I'm concerned. I just viewed it the other day with Rifftrax, and that barely saved it. It's a movie about a bunch of two-dimensional characters I can't relate to. That's the movie's biggest problem as far as I'm concerned. The best scene with the robots, in my opinion, was the back yard scene. That gag went on for far too long, though, and was filled with silliness that I just can't handle. I feel the robots were really just window dressing. They weren't fleshed out at all. As for the action, I feel the CGI was too blurry and hard to follow. Granted, that applies to lots of films nowadays, but it's just one more item on my gripe list.

Was there cool stuff in the movie? Sure. Did it outweigh the bad in my opinion? Not even close. Hackers and donuts, goofball secret agents, multiple characters being urinated on, and a slew of other items don't just take away from the movie -- they ARE the movie. That's what you're watching when you pop in the Transformers DVD. It has nothing to do with not being "G1 enough," or anything like that. It's just that no matter how hard I try to like it, I just can't.

When someone makes a movie ABOUT Transformers, somebody give me a call. Until then, I'll find my entertainment elsewhere.

either you're a moron or never liked transformers in the first place..

you can't be that stupid to realize that they had to make this movie for a price.. $150 million dollars is NOT a lot of money when it comes to a movie like this.. hell Pirates had a budget of over $300 million... get my point yet?? you cannot have a robot in every scene.. you just can't, with the money they had it WASN'T POSSIBLE.

as far as the humor in it.. let me guess you're serious all the time and never laugh... or you might just have a retarded sense of humor and nothing is funny to you..

have you ever seen G1 before.. there are a million corny jokes in it..

and you need the hackers .. otherwise the decepticons would have "won" the first movie.. which in the lure of transformers doesn't happen.

Jesus.

Money. i guess you've never heard of it before.

I'm sorry it's just annoying when people expect something that literally IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO, in a first film at least, with giant transforming robots. a studio is not going to sink 400 million dollars into a movie when it's the first film in an expected franchise.. you have to make the movie for what you can get.. show people that you can do it.. then everyone goes and sees it, then for the second, you get a bigger budget, cause now the studio KNOWS that it's a giant hit.. well except for people like you who are oblivious to the world around them.. and will grant bay a larger budget..

NOW.. if this next movie sucks and the characters aren't a little more fleshed out, then you have a right to batch. but don't batch about something that was impossible to start with.

either you're a moron or never liked transformers in the first place..

you can't be that stupid....

Name calling is completely unnecessary. He didn't like the movie and you did. You don't need to call him names.

The one thing I hope everyone takes away from this past year of hindsight is that bad-mouthing something that's still being made doesn't gain anyone anything.

Read the news, look at whatever pictures are offically released and make you own decision to see the film or not.

Enjoying all the hype is part of the fun of any fandom, but until we see it on the screen none of us can make a fair judgment on if it works or not.

Archived