What? IDW Just ruined the TF comics even further....

Shadowpanther

What? IDW Just ruined the TF comics even further....

So another Marvel TF G-1 Decepticon leader gets killed off in the IDW TF G-1 comic? I read on another TF forum that Ratbat got killed in the IDW TF G-1 2012 comics recently. I haven't read the issues yet,so can't confirm anything.

Is IDW on a mission to ruin the TF comic fiction?

Honestly,IDW's TF comics is horrible in both story & art compared to Dreamwave. marvel had better TF stories/persona's.

Personally,I feel,that when simon furman got taken off the TF G-1 IDW comics,that's when everything when downhill.

I'm a bit upset because IDW just killed off another Marvel TF G-1 Comic decepticon leader called "Ratbat"

I guess killing off/MIA megatron,Optimus & Galvatron wasn't enough IDW damage in the Choas saga.

Having bumblebee as the IDW TF G-1 faction leader makes no sense. he's not a big bulky sized robot. he lacks fighting skills. he's not smart,not a scientist,doesn't know much about cybertron's history. Clearly grimlock,jetfire,fortmax,ultra magnus or hotrod turned into rodimus prime would have made better autobot faction leaders than bumblebee in optimus prime's absense.

Having megatron & galvatron,bumblebee & goldbug being different persona's in the IDW TF comics wasn't enough IDW damage.

To make matters worse Scorponok got buthered in the weird IDW TF G-1 headmasters clone saga. Thunderwing went crazy & lost his marbles. Sixshot got taken off-line by galvatron. overlord got taken apart from the inside by a micro-virus.

G-2 Jhiaxus in the IDW TF G-1 comics is portrayed as a really tiny robot,who's a mad scientist who does weird experiments. it's a far cry persona from the mighty,wise,tall,bulky & old persona G-2 Jhiaxus had in the G-2 Marvel comics. I don't recall if IDW Jhiaxus is dead or alive currently.

My guess is Shockwave gets destroyed by orion pax before the 2012 IDW TF comic issues end.

I haven't bothered to read any IDW TF G-1 comics,since choas ended in december 2011.

I was debatting a return or not in june 2012 via IDW's Rid volume one & MTMTE volume one TFP's from amazon.com.

I might just buy the simon furman re-generation issues 80.5 thru 100 & that's it. I'm hoping simon furmans regeneration saga is so successful hasbro/idw ask simon not to finish it but to continue it with more comic issues beyond issue #100.

Personally,I feel Simon furman is the only man that trully understands the transformers properly to write comic story issues about them.

here's hoping IDW'S 2012/2013 RID & MTMTE are epic fail get cancelled & simon furmans re-generation continues past issue #100 & takes over as the sole TF G-1 IDW comics after the 2013 IDW TF comic year ends.

If you Dis-Like IDW'S TF comics,please list few reasons why inside this thread.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? I really fail to see how this merits a topic. They're not ruining Transformers comics.

As you've said, it's Marvel G1, and IDW G1. What IDW does for their story has no impact on Marvel's story. If you don't like it, don't read IDW's comics, or give their storyline discussions any attention.

Easy as that.

Never knew there was a contract that IDW couldn't have an alternate take on G1 that contrasted Marvel's.

You have Purist Syndrome written all over you. It's not healthy. Accept the fact that any continuum can be taken in any different direction by any entity that chooses. There is no one correct path.

Seriously? I really fail to see how this merits a topic. They're not ruining Transformers comics.

As you've said, it's Marvel G1, and IDW G1. What IDW does for their story has no impact on Marvel's story. If you don't like it, don't read IDW's comics, or give their storyline discussions any attention.

Easy as that.

Never knew there was a contract that IDW couldn't have an alternate take on G1 that contrasted Marvel's.

You have Purist Syndrome written all over you. It's not healthy. Accept the fact that any continuum can be taken in any different direction by any entity that chooses. There is no one correct path.

In this thread starter,I mentioned that I also preferred Dreamwaves TF comics stories & art over IDW'S TF Comics stories & art.

So,I'm clearly not a Marvel G-1 Purist,If I think dreamwave also did a better job at the TF comics than IDW is doing with the TF comics.

Their's tons of on-line TF fans that feel the same exact way I do about IDW'S TF current comics.

I'd love for those who don't like the current IDW TF comics to list a few reasons why inside this thread.

TBH, I stopped collecting the IDW series mostly because there's no comic stores in the area that support IDW. I liked where Dreamwave was taking the series, but from what I could tell it was mismanaged to Hell.

Zen.

If I don't like a comic book, I just don't buy it.

It really should be that easy, shouldn't it?

Archived