Blind packed Secret,Mystery TFCC Subscription figures?

Shadowpanther

Blind packed Secret,mystery TFCC Subscription TF figures?

will anyone here pay money for mystery figures?

It appears the rules for buying the TFCC Subscription TF figures are as follows: You pay a subscription price for 3 months or 6 months which locks you in for Two or Four figures,which are shipped out 2 per order. The WEIRD RULE is it's a mystery what TFCC Subscription figures you'll receive. it doesn't appear you can just buy two figures & then end your contract. it seems like your forced into a 6 month or 3 month contract. who even know if TFCC charges your credit card once you hit the order send button. technically these Subscription figures fall into the pre-ordering catagory. since the subscription figures aren't ready to ship out once you click on the send order link.

Personally all these rules seem kinda awful. I ain't paying for mystery type subscription figures that I don't want nor need.

No,it doesn't appear the TFCC owners will have over 6 subscription figures in hand & then send out mystery boxes to everyone. It appears every three months it'll be a surprise what two newer subscription figures TFCC gets from Hasbro & then ships out the same two mystery figures that just arrived to everyone who has a valid subscription figure entitles for that 3 month period.

Why exactly can't the TFCC/Fun pub announce the release dates of all the subscription figures. why do subscription members have to blindly pay for subscription figure fees for TF toys they don't want.

The two pack idea is also kinda awful. you get forced to buy two subscription figures regardless if your only interested in one of the two.

Then theirs the announcement that the TFCC Subscription figures might be sold in non-blind,non-Mystery singular figures. but their is a penalty price & you'll pay more for one figure verses buying two in the two pack set.

Why all these penalties,contracts & weird rules?

Out of the Six TFCC subscription figures shown at Botcon 2012. the only two that i'm heavily interested in are Slipscream & Ultra Mammoth Magnus.

I don't know this whole club thing is pretty damn goofy and always has been. I might have signed up years ago if they weren't lingering in the dark ages with their systems. Everyone knows how that one turned out!

I don't trust them. Too many issues and even if the dealing with the club itself goes well, the QC problems reported on the figures have been insanely bad.

Until they prove they can run a more trustworthy club with better quality then I'm staying away.

I don't exactly see how you're getting "mystery figures" from TFCC Subscription service. You're making it seem like they're random packed, with possibilities of getting duplicate figures.

Can you provide a source for this, as I'm fairly sure there's likely a misunderstanding here?

Anyhow, my understanding of the subscription is this:

You have 3 to 4 week period to sign up, you can make a payment in one lump sum, or break it into payments.

You get all 6 figures, and instead of opting for fancy packaging, they're shipped in typical Hasbro packaging (or possibly a baggy ala Runamuck) + protective non-decorative box.

I don't exactly see how you're getting "mystery figures" from TFCC Subscription service. You're making it seem like they're random packed, with possibilities of getting duplicate figures.

Can you provide a source for this, as I'm fairly sure there's likely a misunderstanding here?

Anyhow, my understanding of the subscription is this:

You have 3 to 4 week period to sign up, you can make a payment in one lump sum, or break it into payments.

You get all 6 figures, and instead of opting for fancy packaging, they're shipped in typical Hasbro packaging (or possibly a baggy ala Runamuck) + protective non-decorative box.

source is made up i'm sure...

If you only like 2 out of the 6 figures, then don't join the subscription plan and buy them on ebay when they're released like everyone else would and does. this process is not new. happened ever year with Botcon figures. Most of the figures are meh. I think the only one i do like was Breakdown and Scourge. The freebie was also meh.

Someone's confused. Let's break down what TFCC offers. For a one year subscription, you get the following:

(1) TFCC Member exclusive figure (provided you join before the deadline)

(1) Bi-monthly newsletter with 'exclusive' content

Discounted pricing for BotCon packages

Discounted pricing for merchandise in the TFCC store (usually 10%)

Access to TFCC exclusive figures

There has never been a 'mystery' or random pack in figure and they only ship one exclusive figure a year, provided you pay prior to March for the membership.

Speaking of subscriptions, after the trouble that the TFCC had with credit card info being stolen, now they're going to offer something that requires members to keep a credit card on file.

Not sure if anyone knows for 100% sure what this thing is. Latest I'm hearing is that it's a separate subscription from the club subscription and figure. It's an exclusive figure set of 6 being released 2 at a time. In order to get any of them, you have to be signed up for buying all 6 which will come out and be billed for, every few months as they come.

Does that sound about right?

That all sounds good except the part where I dont know what they are. They will announce what they are right? I mean they'd be stupid not to. Unless they are Scout/Legend class figures or something.

Archived