Who wants more Classics style Transformers toys from Hasbro?

Goktimus Prime

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/hasbro-inc-make-more-transformers-based-on-g1-characters-with-modern-day-toy-design-2?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_after_sign

Please feel free to share this petition and spread the word. Let Hasbro hear our collective voices!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hasbropetitionn.png

Since 2006 Hasbro produced Transformers based on beloved Generation 1 characters using modern toy designs in lines such as Classics, Universe, Generations, Reveal the Shield, Transformers 2010 etc. These toys have proven highly popular with fan collectors, however in recent years Hasbro has significantly declined in manufacturing and selling such toys.

By signing this petition, we hereby agree that:

a. We wish for Hasbro to produce/sell more Transformers toys based on classic (e.g. Generation 1) characters.

b. If Hasbro were to do this, we promise to consider purchasing these toys.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm content with Masterpiece Transformers. I'm tired of the, almost G1 but not quite, CHUG toys. Now if they started making say, Prowl, Smokescreen and Bluestreak that look like the Fairlady Z, then that's something I'd buy.

This reminds me of the petition recently sent to the White House asking for the construction of the Death Star.

:tflaugh

That was the stupidest of things related to Star Wars fandom. Now I understand the hipster cliche about "liking something before it was cool." I was a big Star Wars fan back in the '90s, literally before it was cool.

My take on this is for Hasbro / Takara Tomy to hire these companies that has been doing so great in redesigning / re imagining from the source material in producing new toys. I mean, Apple hired the guy who wrote the iPhone "Jail-Break"ing app right?

Also, in Japan, custom figure makers (like Jizai Toys) are afforded 1-day licenses to sell figure they created themselves at events like Wonderfest. Maybe that could be case for the US event / Online?

My take on this is for Hasbro / Takara Tomy to hire these companies that has been doing so great in redesigning / re imagining from the source material in producing new toys. I mean, Apple hired the guy who wrote the iPhone "Jail-Break"ing app right?

Also, in Japan, custom figure makers (like Jizai Toys) are afforded 1-day licenses to sell figure they created themselves at events like Wonderfest. Maybe that could be case for the US event / Online?

3rd party figures cost enough already. I don't even a greater mark-up to cover the special license fee that a company pays for.

I'm not sure this would be a good way to get rid of the third parties. I think more of the problem is how Hasbro handles things in the US. TakaraTomy is doing a good job in Japan, and Hasbro is giving extra consideration to the Asian countries. I don't think third parties have anything to do with it.

(shakes head) Hasbro only cares about their target demographic: Kids. Adult collectors make up a very small share of their market. Of course, our share bellows the most. It's the whole 90/10 rule: 90% of the complaints will come from 10% of the audience. Facts need to be faced: Hasbro will only appeal to the adult collector if it makes sense. They will only do so on a small scale. And they will only do so if they think kids will also buy into it.

The REAL problem here is fans will buy them but Moms, Toys R US, WalMart and Target will not. Hasbro has explained this 1,000,000 times already. We have all seen products cancelled at the wave of a hand by these big box retailers, It really does end there. Hasbro cannot make money off a run of 5,000 toys. Even the official club has a hard to selling all of their exclusives. All things considered under a capitalist based marketplace, we have the best of both worlds with the Third Party guys.

:shrug

Archived