Live-Action Transformers TV Series

I will be talking about my ideas for one. First of all, the series would be another reboot of the Transformers franchise but instead of bringing in new human characters once again, I would keep the original G1 humans: Spike (Sam) Witwicky, Carly Spencer, Chip (I dunno, maybe an actual name like Chris or something.)

Chase, and Sparkplug (Ron) Witwicky. The first episode would actually be part of a week-long marathon consisting of a multi-part mini-series which would add-up to about 5 hours since most live-action shows tend to run in at about an hour. As for the Transformers themselves, I was thinking of tying their history into ours much like the live-action films and Transformers: Prime. I would have five main Autobots and five main Decepticons although in the latter's case, there would be much more in the first five episodes. Now I'll move on to the story: The Autobots have remained a govermant secret for over a century when an Autobot scout ship crashes in Roswell, New Mexico. The story is set in motion when Megatron makes his threat clear and prepares an attack on Earth's major cities, most notably, New York. The 5 Autobots who take sanctuary on Earth: Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, and Arcee, must band together to defend the planet with a little help from Autobot reinforcements who've arrived via Space Bridge. I've been thinking about the cast for a while and I think I might have a pretty solid one. I would like Michael Angarano from Sky High as Spike, Emma Stone from Zombieland and The Amazing Spider-Man as Carly, Logan Lerman from Percy Jackson and the Olympians as Chip, and finally, Hugh Jackman from the X-Men film series as Sparkplug. For voice cast, I would like Peter Cullen as Optimus, Neil Patrick Harris as Bumblebee, Keith Szrabajka as Ironhide, Fred Tatasciore as Ratchet, Grey DeLisle as Arcee, Hugo Weaving as Megatron, Frank Welker as Soundwave, Steve Blum as Starsceam, Corey Burton as Shockwave, and Tara Strong as Slipstream. The show would be aimed toward an older teen audience and be aired on TeenNick. Now for those who ask me why I would want it to be aired on TeenNick, #1. TeenNick is owned by Viacom which in turn owns Paramount Pictures which distributes the live-action Transformers films and #2. I also have an idea for a Star Trek series that I would also want to air on the network. Also, for a developer, I think Robert Zemeckis would be a great choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Neil Patrick Harris would be cool as Bumblebee, but if we're getting Cullen, Burton and Welker as their classic characters, then why not Dan Gilvazen as Bumblebee? And either Welker or Burton as Megatron, as well. I don't care for Hugo Weaving's interpretation as much, so I'd pick Welker for the G1 feel or have Burton do something similar to his Animated Megatron (the best version, IMO). I like the overall concept, though.

And Joss Whedon should be in charge. :yay

• 1 month later...

No thanks,A Reboot that still gives us sam,his friends & his family would be horrible,for me & i'm sure other TF fans.

contrary to popular belief,the TF media doesn't revolve around spike,carly,chip & his parents. We've had over a dozen rebooted TF cartoons & TF comics without sam/spike,carly,chip,daniel & his parents.

I honestly don't think it's even possible to create a live action Transformers TV series. because the budget money to create the explosions,special effects & the CGI robots scenes blending in with the live action human scenes would literally be tens/hundreds of millions of dollars per episode.

The next generations spent literally millions per episode & they had nothing near the CGI scenes,explosions & special effects that's required for a transformers live action TV series. The star trek media company/creators stopped creating newer star trek TV shows because their wasn't enough profit left after they paid for all the exspensive CGI scenes,special effects & a highly paid cast of actors/actresses. rumor has it "the enterprize" show,the star trek media company/creators lost money on.

• 1 month later...

Honestly I kinda like the idea, but I frown on the fact that it would cost a ton to do. I have a much better idea. And it IS DOABLE. Obviously the audio and sound effects from the original series still exists, so heres an idea: put it to computer animation. By doing that you would already have 3 season done. But here's the kicker (pun intended, lol): since season 2 ended in 1985 and the movie took place in 2005, season 3 in 2006, fill in the years between 1985 and 2005. Thats 20 years of untold stories! DUH! Are you reading this HASBRO??

Archived