hotshot vs bumblebee  

29 members have voted

1. 1. which was best for the movie

• bumblebee
    • hot shot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Hot Shot. He's a laterday Hot Rod in a lot of ways, especially his Armada self. But he wouldn't have fit in with the rest of the Autobot cast, who were first of all, all G1 characters that were also all part of the first year of figures and in the first episode of the show as well.

What does Bumblebee have that Hot Shot doesn't. IMO, common sense. Especially over his Armada self does BB have more common sense than Hot Shot. Bumblebee usually goes in with a plan of sorts...Hot Shot didn't always use his head which is what got him into a lot of the trouble he got into during the early part of Armada.

Also, we've been in need of a well done Bumblebee for a while. And aside from Classics, this one does the job perfectly IMO.

Hot Shot, though not named as such and named either Rodimus or Hot Rod, should maybe be in one of the other movies that we know is coming. Maybe the threequel.

hot shot was the eqivilent of bumblebee and hot rod in the A/E/C series.

Hot Shot reminded me of Cheetor more then anything else.

How they matured later in the series.

It should have been Bumblebee. Period. Bumblebee had a deeper connection with the Human lead character. He didn't spend all his time trying to prove himself like Hotshot Did. He also (in toon continuity) wasn't thrown in situation where head had to be the leader.

I'd add that Hot Shot's "10 years later" maturity displayed in Energon resulted in a character that was essentially identical to movie Bumblebee.

But... the movie is a G1 redux. Hot Shot is not G1. Thank god.

They're all G1 redux.

If you recall, on Don Murphy's website he once floated the question about the acceptability of HotShot for the movie, which seemed to be indicative of pressure from Hasbro for his inclusion. Of course, the idea was shot down by the rabid fanboiz who inhabited that board, so they basically just stuck in a HotShot-esque character anyway and called him Bumblebee.

He didn't spend all his time trying to prove himself like Hotshot Did.

I'm not so sure of that. I seem to recall that G1 Bumblebee was a pretty earnest, eager-to-please kind of guy.

Also, by the time Energon rolled around HotShot was pretty much just one of Optimus' seasoned, trusted warriors and had completely lost the "need to prove himself" angle (since that was Energon Ironhide's role in that particular series).

so they basically just stuck in a HotShot-esque character anyway and called him Bumblebee.

Exactly, that's why Hollow Prime is incorrect. Hot Shot was in the movie, they just renamed him Bumblebee because Hasbro thought hat would be enough to fool the fanboys. I'm sorry to say that I seem to be the only person who didn't fall for this half-assed bait-and-switch.

Archived