In MTMTE episodes,The Autobots can fly....

Shadowpanther

In MTMTE episodes,The Autobots can fly....

I haven't watched the TF G-1 MTMTE episodes in over a decade.

Today I watched a MTMTE Episode on the hub. I noticed the autobots were flying thru the air like the decepticons.

Odd,how in episodes after MTMTE,The autobots can't fly in robot mode. they need jet packs to fly when their in robot mode.

That's the funny thing about pilot episodes. They toss a bunch of ideas around, keep what works and ditch what doesn't. Guess Autbots flying was one of those things they felt didn't work. I wouldn't read into it any harder than that.

You might also remember the end of MTMTE, where the world was working together for the first time to give the Autobots fuel and help them build a ship to go back to Cybertron. That also didn't end up staying true either. If they kept the Autobots being able to fly, they wouldn't have been able to hype up the Air vs Ground debate in Season 2, which directly led to the creation of the Aerialbots and Stunticons, so at least they tied it together that way.

That's the funny thing about pilot episodes. They toss a bunch of ideas around, keep what works and ditch what doesn't. Guess Autbots flying was one of those things they felt didn't work. I wouldn't read into it any harder than that.

I agree.

Sadly the Meleee weapons that Optimus & Megatron both used in the MTMTE episodes were never seen after those MTMTE episodes.

It seemed like various transformers had meelee weapons in the MTMTE episodes. I'm wondering how many transformers got to re-use their meleee weapons after the MTMTE episodes.

I noticed in one of the MTMTE episodes Ironhide on earth opens up his back vechicle door & another autobot uses the gun monted thing inside the van to shoot decepticons with.

Obviously we don't see that many of the first episode MTMTE cybertronian alt modes in other non-MTMTE episodes for the season one & two transformers. I think we only see the Cybertronian seekers on cybertron in other non-MTMTE Episodes.

FUNNIEST THING OF ALL: In one of the MTMTE episodes optimus prime was shown flying in the air & also shown making super flight jumps like superman. FUNNY PART,in that same episode that optimus flew in the air,optimus fell into a ocean/lake & needed Jazz's grapling hook to reel him in to safety. it's funny because optimus flew in the air in this episode,optimus should have been able to fly out of the water & into the air.

They can fly, we just don't see it. How do you think the Autobots traveled around the world so fast?

Well, if we're to believe most of seasons 1 & 2 the Autobots drove everywhere and anywhere, even over the ocean. Also they were fairly skilled surfurs, Bluestreak being the best.

They can fly, we just don't see it. How do you think the Autobots traveled around the world so fast?

Well, if we're to believe most of seasons 1 & 2 the Autobots drove everywhere and anywhere, even over the ocean. Also they were fairly skilled surfurs, Bluestreak being the best.

hahaha. this. :rofl

The Autobots definitely have better gas mileage driving than flying. obviously.

The Autobots can't fly. They just happened to be standing over some odd parts of the Earth where gravity is incredibly weak. China is chock full of low-gravity spots!

jump.jpg

变形金刚! - Translation: "Suck on this, Newton!!" :P

Archived