Beat to the punch,so close,yet so far.............

Shadowpanther

Beat to the punch,so close,yet so far.............

post your "beat to the punch" stories in this thread.

I saw the Transformers Prime sighting for deluxe wave 4 in PA,Hazelton 24 hours ago.

I figured since the walmart distribution center is in Tobyhanna,PA. I figured various walmarts in the area might have received TFP deluxe wave 4.

So I decided to go to my walmart in PA Stroudsburg looking for TFP Deluxe wave 4. I saw deadend,newer bumblebee recolor.

Sadly someone else beat me to the punch & bought TFP Deluxe Airachnid before I got to the store. I should have went to the store in the morning or afternoon. but I went their around 4 pm. I guess the early bird got thier TFP airachnid while the late bird/me went home with Zero.

I also saw the Cyberverse vechicles with wheeljack. I looked at the price & it read $29.99. Wow that's a lot of money for something I have Zero interest in buying.

I then decided to go other walmart stores in PA in easton looking for TFP deluxe wave 4. sadly both walmarts didn't get wave 4 in stock yet. I did see the new wave TFP Cyberverse commanders with dreadwing in it. I didn't buy it as i'm not a fan of buying super tiny TF toys. I did notice the TFP Cyberverse commander walmart price was $9.99.

I wound up buying a sharp alarm clock for $10,called it a day & drove home.

It's crazy,I must have spent at least $15 in gasoline driving around doing these TF toy hunts hours ago at three different walmarts,one target,one TJMaxx,one kohl's & one Kmart.

I could have just bought the airachnid toy on-line with $15 in gasoline going towards the on-line mark up price. If HTS,TRU.com or BBTS.com sells airachnid for under $20 on-line i'll buy one from them.

On a bright note,I saw a whole bunch of newer wave 2 TFP voyagers & TFP Deluxes wave 2 & 4 toys in decent supplty at Walmart. I saw the newer TFP cyberverse commanders dreadwing wave in decent numbers on the pegs at walmart. At TJmaxx,I saw a whole bunch of discounted Dark of the moon deluxes & DOTM cyber verse commanders & Play sets toys.

Hey dude... could you please compose your posts in structured paragraphs instead of hitting your Enter key twice after every sentence or second sentence? Cost your current posting style is really disjointed and REALLY hard to read/understand! Thanks.

Anyway, I once went to collectable toy fair - I arrived 8 minutes late (i.e. 8 min after opening). A dude who had walked in 8 min before me purchased a loose/incomplete G1 Deathsaurus for $80! Sure, it was loose and incomplete, but for $80! :O Daggggnabbbit!

Hey dude... could you please compose your posts in structured paragraphs instead of hitting your Enter key twice after every sentence or second sentence? Cost your current posting style is really disjointed and REALLY hard to read/understand! Thanks.

Anyway, I once went to collectable toy fair - I arrived 8 minutes late (i.e. 8 min after opening). A dude who had walked in 8 min before me purchased a loose/incomplete G1 Deathsaurus for $80! Sure, it was loose and incomplete, but for $80! :O Daggggnabbbit!

seemed fine to me. it's posting about getting beatten to the punch for the new tf prime toys I have no interest in getting and I understood

it just fine. maybe the key board is messed up, or he's a 12 year old kid who got his mom to drive him all over pa in search of that one new toy that would just make his whole week? Perhaps it's done on a cell

phone that is just a funky format, and full of spelling and spaced out strangely. Or he's just intentionally spacing things out

to be annoying. Maybe you could copy the text into a word doc, spell check it, reformat it and turn it in to Alpha Trion for the Essay portion of this fan base test and help him get an A? Or wait, could be you already

ARE Processor Alpha Trion and could grade him on that. C+ because we can relate to the situation, format stunk and subject matter kinda stunk.

Oooooh wait, I'm the professor. Everybody gets a B for trying! Summer school! Class dismissed!

I remember going to the flea market a few years back when my mother in law was in town. She and my wife were walking around stopping at everything, and I stayed with them trying not to be rude. Pretty soon we got to a stand and a lady had just sold numerous G1 transformers including several dinobots to some kid. The kid looked to be about 7. Two minutes is what seperatted me from some cool transformers. And another guy made the comment to me saying that kid wasn't even born when they came out and probably would destroy them. Needless to say, I was beat to the punch. I now no longer wait. I just go around the stores and look at what I want to.

seemed fine to me. it's posting about getting beatten to the punch for the new tf prime toys I have no interest in getting and I understood

it just fine. maybe the key board is messed up, or he's a 12 year old kid who got his mom to drive him all over pa in search of that one new toy that would just make his whole week? Perhaps it's done on a cell

phone that is just a funky format, and full of spelling and spaced out strangely. Or he's just intentionally spacing things out

to be annoying. Maybe you could copy the text into a word doc, spell check it, reformat it and turn it in to Alpha Trion for the Essay portion of this fan base test and help him get an A? Or wait, could be you already

ARE Processor Alpha Trion and could grade him on that. C+ because we can relate to the situation, format stunk and subject matter kinda stunk.

Oooooh wait, I'm the professor. Everybody gets a B for trying! Summer school! Class dismissed!

Nicely done! optimuslaugh2.gif

Nah I always beat the scalpers, just because i know what time they show up at the Walmarts, Target is easy I just show up when they open. and usually 10minutes after they open that is when they bring out the new toys to be stocked, with their truck arriving on Wednesday Afternoons best time to hit them up is 9 am on Thursday. While Toys R Us is 11 am on Thursdays

Nah I always beat the scalpers, just because i know what time they show up at the Walmarts, Target is easy I just show up when they open. and usually 10minutes after they open that is when they bring out the new toys to be stocked, with their truck arriving on Wednesday Afternoons best time to hit them up is 9 am on Thursday. While Toys R Us is 11 am on Thursdays

With gasoline prices being tripple what they were in 2007. I simply can't afford to do toy hunts every day nor a few times a week. I can only afford to do toy hunts once every three weeks.

for the past few years,TF toy distribution has been awful. with stuff barely arriving in stores. I can't afford to use all that gasoline doing toy hunts,only to come home empty handed.

I live on the far east coast of america,Theirs fewer scalpers in my area. because my area stores get stuff dead last.

my local stores are not that local. each of my stores are 14 to 27 miles away from my house. their are no local stores like walmart,tarket,kmart,tru within walking distance

I got lucky with my hunt today. I went into a WM at 1pm and they had just put out Wave 4 so I snatched up the only Airachid(sp?). What I find funny is that Soundwave was missing, so someone bought Soundwave over Airachid.

Although last week I did have the so close moment. I went into WM around 1030pm last tuesday night and normally they have their stock on the floor at that time. Well this time they didn't...yet. So instead of waiting the 15mins I decided to go home, but next morning I went in and they had stocked 2 cases of wave 3 and of course Vehicon was already gone. I am just hoping that the store I found my figure today gets in the revision case in that has 2 Vehicons in the assortment because I refuse to pay scalper prices online.

I got lucky with my hunt today. I went into a WM at 1pm and they had just put out Wave 4 so I snatched up the only Airachid(sp?). What I find funny is that Soundwave was missing, so someone bought Soundwave over Airachid.

Although last week I did have the so close moment. I went into WM around 1030pm last tuesday night and normally they have their stock on the floor at that time. Well this time they didn't...yet. So instead of waiting the 15mins I decided to go home, but next morning I went in and they had stocked 2 cases of wave 3 and of course Vehicon was already gone. I am just hoping that the store I found my figure today gets in the revision case in that has 2 Vehicons in the assortment because I refuse to pay scalper prices online.

Congrats on getting your Airachnid.

Various on-line fans reported that Walmart stores in America "might" have skipped the TFP Deluxe wave 3 case. My guess is,due to fears on bumblebee dominating the cases.

Archived