Animated series toys...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny I was able to restrain myself during classics, only picking up four molds.

I tried to do the same with the movie, but failed miserably ending up with all of the screen characters and then Wreckage and Arcee because they were in the concept art (:redface).

I've promised myself I'd only get Animated Voyager Prime, Bee, Starscream and Soundwave - but we'll see what happens :07laugh

This'll probably be my first major round of TF purchases since I started collecting again as an adult. I got back in towards the end of the Classics line and really didn't like the movie line, so my collection's still a bit sparse. I plan to get all of the main Autobot cast from Animated, plus Megatron (possibly two Megatrons if they release a version of his Earth-body that's in scale with my Classics "Ultimate Battle" Optimus Prime,) Starscream, Soundwave, Blackarachnia (possibly two if they release a redeco in her pre-Transmetal Beast Wars colours) and maybe Ultra Magnus, depending on how the toy turns out.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a big fan of aircraft of any sort I'll almost certainly get Starscream and Earth-mode Megatron, though I'm not to sure about Lugnut. And I always wanted to have a complete collection of Dinobots that don't cost that much, so here is my chance at that.

Aside from those I'll check out Blitzwing. I need to see the toy to know if I'll get him or not. Lockdown is also on my list. Soundwave as a pimped out car with Laserbeak turning into an ax-guitar is bucketloads of awesome!

I might get the guy in Hobbes' avatar, depending upon the level of awesome. It'd be hard to pass up the first guitar-wielding Transformer.

Cant argue with that. Me, I want alot of them if not all. The cyclops dude, I'm not into that much but definitely all the autobots and Starscream Soundwave and Megs, Not to mention Blitzwing. Even "Sugarbot" looks good.

You know what's cool with Animated? We won't get repaints from older lines.

See, you could have said that about the Movie line, and look what happened. If the Animated line proves successful enough, and they need filler to fill the gaps between waves, Hasbro won't think twice about repainting older molds and shipping them in Animated packaging.

On the Animated line itself....I'm not a fan of the animation style used, so I'll probably sit this line out for the most part. I am, however, planning on picking up Blitzwing, and maybe Earth Megatron if I like the look of him.

Archived