Soundwave custom needs speakers.

yokubou7

Started this ages ago. Switched out the head and chest, needed heavy modding to work, legos helped a little. I need some quick help, I want some toy speaker towers to install in his shins. I was thinking G1 Blaster's might be okay, but they don't look very speaker like. I might buy one of these- http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/galle...-3/P9100826.jpg for the speakers, but I'd like something cleaner and cheaper than 20.00 if anybody has ideas!

gallery_18852_803_111190.jpg Also, what would be a good replacement for the missile? I'm thinking Double Dealer's missile, but a scout class transformer might be cooler.gallery_18852_803_111190.jpg I'm gonna hit Wal-Mart instead of the bars tonight to try to figure this out. Hope you guys appreciate my dedication!

Lookin' good! I can't help but wonder if he'll still transform.

As for the speakers, I can't help but look at that side panel area over his foot, and think if that's painted in black would make a good looking speaker. :shrug

I like the idea of a Scout transformer, another option could be Movie Ravage. :thumb

Hey, thanks for the advice! Yeah, I totally considered movie Ravage on the missile rack, but he sort of already has a Ravage... I actually wanted to implant speakers in his shins where the weapon attachments usually are since I don't use those. He does transform, the whole chest assembly raises a fraction of an inch, rotates 90 degrees and slides back. There's pictures on my deviantart site.

Very nice! I will give you monies for this :D. Ever thought of checking out the new GI JOE movie toys? I was looking at them today and some of their weapons are kitbash-ilicious. I dunno if this helps but maybe you could remove the speakers from an Animated Soundwave, but that'd probably be painstaking to do without damaging them since they are molded into the plastic.

Molded into the plastic or not, I can take anything apart. But where are there molded in speakers on the guy? The arms have a tape deck design and the wheels on the shoulders will just end up looking like wheels if put on anyone else. It only matches animated Soundwave's aesthetic. I was thinking GI Joe would have someone with speaker accessories, but I couldn't find anything. I even hit up Barbie and Hannah Montana. My verdict is little girls do not like speaker towers or amps that are not shaped like hearts.

Not quite, but I think that's the right idea. Thanks for your help, Taaron! Oh, and thanks for your support on deviantart. I actually broke down and bought the wolfinica set off ebay. I really want to finish this custom in the next week. I'm still totally open for suggestions on what else to put on his missile rack, that's the last piece of the puzzle. His regular missile is huge and doesn't really DO anything but sit there.

Good deal. :thumb I had found a set of candy toys that was guitars and an amp, but you would of probably had to spend $80+ to get two amps. :shrug

If you want to go for a laugh, you could always drop the Minicon rocket on him, and have Soundwave be like "...."