Replacements for Shia (Some movie spoilers)

Hanzkaz

Well I hope I won't get too much hate for this but my opinion for Sam's future role would be Ryan Reynolds or Chris Evans. They are older looking enough and have that comic relief and action experience that Shia had. They just seem to have similarities to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Shia was idiotic. Screaming like a little beotch. At least Sparkplug, Spike and Daniel had some balls. It would be cool if they would go back to Cybertron (as long as it wasn't destroyed) and find more bots. Sam's son or an older Sam would be cool. NOT a screaming freakish little beotch like Shia LaBarf.

They've invested too much money into the movies to scrap the current version of the movie franchise just yet. We just have to hope that the the people working on Transformers 4 make it better than the previous installments.

My thoughts from elsewhere:

Time for an all-new Decepticon leader?

I was thinking that for Transformers 4, we need an all new and completely original leader for the 'Cons.

Megatron is out of the game, as are Shockwave, Soundwave, Starscream and Scorponok, who in other incarnations lead the Decepticons (Scorpy got a serious demotion). The last thing we need is another resurrection.

What we need is a Decepticon Leader character that hasn't been used before, someone with the potentional to surpass Movie Megs. (Face it, who expected the 'mighty' Megatron ending up as an apparently willing minion for the Fallen and Sentinel Prime.) Let's have a 'Con leader who bows to no one.

It would be interesting to see the rise of a new Decepticon leader, as he gathers the remnants of Megatron's followers. Perhaps he'll seem fairly weak and appear relatively harmless to his enemies and rivals until it suits him. Maybe he's the kind of individual who likes to keep a few nasty tricks up his sleeve. Maybe he's a car-bot.

(TF4 Idea. There is a power struggle amongst the Decepticons. One candidate for leadership decides to prove his worthiness by striking at the Autobots, who take him down, unwittingly clearing the way for a true threat)

I personally think that the best direction for the movie franchise would be for them to introduce entirely new Autobots and Decepticons (with never before used names) and take the story in a new direction.

A) We won't get a situation where people argue that a particular Movie character's personality or appearance doesn't resemble his cartoon or comic namesake (the Twins, Jetfire, Arcee, etc).

B) The film-makers won't feel they have to force some G1-ism into the Movie storyline just to keep us 'old-school' fans happy (which, admittedly, a lot of us aren't). The G1 homages are nice (mostly) but most TF fans will accept by now the Movie-verse is not G1 or any other TF-Verse, and the film-makers aren't really under any obligation to repeat a new version of previous TF stories. (Of course, I'd like to see the Dinobots, Ultra Magnus and so on, but they'd probably turn out to be Predacon double agents or something)

C) The end of Transformers 3 offers a chance to start something new, a clean slate of sorts. The old Decepticon guard are gone but there a still a lot of bad guys left. We don't really have to start heading into the Unicron/Galvatron/Rodimus storyline any time soon (or ever). That way lies Unicron II.

Don't get me wrong, I have lot of issues with the movies (the 'fast-forward' button on my remote gets a lot of use), but I think the franchise still has potential.

Totally agree with a new villain. How about Galvatron NOT linked to Megatron in origin at all. Or Jihaxus, or Sixshot, or ..... Yeah, there are plenty of other villains.

Actually, Shia is pretty much dead on g1 Spike. Spike was also very screamy and whiney. And Sam had no balls? Really? He killed Megatron in the first movie, killed Starscream himself, Dylan, and helped kill Laserbeak. He also went through hell to bring the Matrix to Optimus in ROTF. Funky personality quirks aside, he kicked ass when he had to!

Im cool with Jason Statham. You want action? Jason Statham IS action!

Chuck Norris lives because Jason Statham allows it.

Jason Statham > Chuck Norris

Rosie and Jason

Stars who are dating for real

Robert and Kristen

Couples in real life

Don't improve onscreen acting

Necessarily

Problem with Rosie

She is not career actress

Only a model

For any actors

Prefer see professionals

Care about their craft

• 2 months later...

Personally,I think josh duhamel seems like the best choice to replace shia.

As far as transformers movie verse robot villians goes. I'd want overlord or sixshot. for the sole purpose of getting decently designed homage leader sized toys made of these characters

Archived