RID Vehicon show accurate leg panel mod

Jin Saotome

Something was bugging me about my RID Vehicon. After looking at the figure and then at the on-screen character I realized what it was, the lower legs. The tires are visible on the on-screen Vehicon and sit up higher. However the toy's side panels don't rotate all the way around and sit lower to the ankle.

There's a way to fix this. First cut the small purple tab by his knee off. This will allow the side panel to spin all the way around. However it will still smack into the front grille unless you remove a small section of plastic at the bottom. Now shave a bit more and angle it so the panel lays flat against it. This doesn't effect transformation at all and you can't see it in alt mode. The trimmed bumper sections are hidden underneath the car.

Vehicon1.JPG

Vehicon2.JPG

Vehicon3.JPG

Vehicon4.JPG

Thanks for the tutorial--I'll have to get on this one quickly!

Archived