• 50-150
    • 150-300
    • 300-500
    • 500-1000
    • 1000+

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I checked I was approaching 480, but several more should be on their way so the number will increase. Have to recount them one of these days, because I'm also selling some and want to get rid of several more.

Unfortunately, this is not a good year to diminish my collection. Too many TF's that I want.

862, according to the 2005 Survey Protocol (which rounds up to 900, rounding to the nearest hundred).

Btw, this poll is pretty useless unless everyone follows the same system of classification and counting. Under the 2005 Survey Protocol, it would be impossible for anyone to have 3000 Transformers, as there hasn't even been that many made. If you owned every Transformer made in every country, you would have approx. 1.5k TFs.. definitely less than 2000.

I get a feeling that DJ Soundwave is counting a lot of non TF toy (and by "toy" I mean mainstream line action figures) peripheral bits of merchandise like busts et al. Anything outside of the main figure line is considered to be a "peripheral" figure. I personally consider LoCs to be "peripheral" figures and I personally don't count them, but, according to the 2005 Protocol, LOCs do count, as Hasbro clearly marketed them as part of the mainstream figure line. To me, they seem the same as gum and candy kit figures, but Hasbro did not market them that way.

I'm not saying that one collector's way of counting is better than another, but there really is NO point in comparing collection sizes if we are all counting differently. I'm sure you can all understand the logic behind this.

So I strongly recommend that we all count our collections under the rules set out in the 2005 Survey Protocol. I'm not saying it's better or worse than what anyone else here has, but we all need a universal system of classification, and we're gonna be here forever if we're going to argue and debate about which is better...

Here are the rules of the 2005 Survey Protocol:

How To Count Transformers (for the purposes of this poll)

a) The following do not count as Transformers:

- Pretender shells (without the robot)

- Nebulons (without the main robot)

- Peripheral figures like PVCs, Gum Kit models, Happy Meal Toys etc. - we will also include those little Cybertron TFs for this survey as well (so don't count them).

- Yeerks (Animorphs)

B) The following do count as Transformers:

- Individual Micromaster robots - e.g. if you have the entire Race Car Patrol, then you have 4 Transformers. Ditto Mini-Cons.

- Individual Combiner Micromaster robots. e.g. Sledge and Hammer count as 2.

- Animorphs figures but not Yeerks.

- PlaySkool Transformers, Go-Go-Go-Bots, 1-2-3 TFs etc.

c) Multiples do not count. I don't care how many Tank Drones you have, they count as 1.

d) Gestalt robots do not count separately.

e.g.: If you have all 6 Constructicons, then they count as 6. Do not count Devastator separately and say that you have 7 G1 Constructicons.

e) "Common" variants as multiples do not count. If you have a variation of a Transformer, but the variation is "minor," then it does not count. Examples of this include:

- Re-releases. e.g.: if you have 1984 silver gun Frenzy and 1986 gold gun Frenzy, then they count as 1, not 2.

- Production variations. e.g.: if you have Kup with rubber tyres and Kup with plastic tyres, they count as 1, not 2.

- Reissues. e.g.: if you have original Prowl, Classic Prowl and TFC Prowl, then they all count as 1, not 3.

A "common" variant is basically a variant that was designed to substitute for the original.

f) "Exclusive" variants do count. Unlike "common" variants, these variants were never intended to be substitutes for the original. Examples of this include:

- G2. e.g.: If you have G1 Slag and G2 Slag, then they count as 2, not 1.

- European recolours. e.g.: If you have original, European and G2 Mixmaster, then they count as 3, not 1.

- Transformers Universe and Robotmasters repaints.

- Convention exclusives repaints, e.g.: if you have original Optimus Prime, reissue Convoy, TFC reissue Convoy, TRU reissue Optimus Prime and JafCon repaint Convoy, then you have a total of 2 (all the OP/Convoy variants count as 1 and JafCon Convoy, being a con exclusive repaint, counts as another 1 giving a total of 2).

- Special exclusives, e.g.: CD-ROM Convobat Vs Megalligator, X-Dimension Microns, chase repaints etc. e.g.: if you have original Waver, reissue Waver and reissue chase-black Waver, then you have a total of 2.

...obviously Knock-Offs are entirely out of the question. Only legit Transformers may be counted. :P

Once you have finished your count, round it up or down to the nearest hundred. Mathematical laws apply here - if you have 50 or above you round up, if you have less than 50 then you round down.

e.g.: if you have 520, then you round down to 500. If you have 570 then you round up to 600.

:eek  :drool thats amazing, currently i have 368 transformers, not including nebulans etc.

I have 561 a the moment.

Gonna go look for Wing Saber tonight to make it 562.

Archived