ROTF : Supreme Devastator pic, text, and video review

frenzy_rumble

Pros:

- he's a monster, huge! about 13 ½ inches when hunched over

- great sound chip (in mixmaster) he says a few lines of text and sounds while in Devastator mode...the voice clips are random, same one might sound off several times in a row, but still, very extensive. the sound chip/lights are all in Mixmaster. Removing him and TFing him into his cement mixer triggers the "transform" sound effect. While in truck mode, mixmaster makes a few random machine type noises.

all seem to have the vacuum / vortex noise and then....

1) an evil laugh

2) "destroy"

3) I am... Decepticon!! (WTF is that?)

4) Devastator, Destroy!

5) yeah ahaha autobots (I think)

6) I am....Devastator (odd that's similar to #3)

7) Devastator, Destroy Autobots!

- solid. He's about 7 to 8 pounds

- ratcheting shoulder joints

- ratcheting elbow joints

- ratcheting hips

- some articulation in "fingers"

- quite movie accurate

Cons:

- really weak vehicle modes (pretty much blocks of plastic)

- little to no paint apps (hightower is solid yellow)

- sorta "back heavy" (mixmaster is heavy

- hightower arm is very blocky looking. they couldv'e made it a little smaller and it would have balanced better with the other arm (scrapper)

- Demolisher is called Scavenger on the instructions

- Price is too high, should be closer to 50-60 USD in my opinion

- Knees are on hinge joints and pretty much locked where they are in order to support the weight

- Ankles are also on hinges, and render useless because of all the weight on him

- Walking on all 4s is going to require some heavy modding

- Demolisher looks like a nike shoebox with treads on it

- noice trigger on mixmaster is too sensitive while in truck mode.

All in all, I think this guy's great. he'd make an AWESOME centerpiece to any movie fan's collection, a must have. I see huuuuge potential for this guy getting lots of repaint and kit bashing action, and wish I didn't have to sleep so I can get to that.

I would agree. I don't mind some missing detail or articulation if it's fun, and this guy looks like lots. My only issue is th eprice, and whether I'll jump on him with some debit cards points I have saved up, or wait for clearance. If those among us who like this toy are lucky, he'll go on sale very soon like many of the other ROTF toys have. I might have to get him sooner rather than later.

Not sure what I'm more anxious for: getting him myself, or seeing your finished version of him!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, why couldn't these have individual Bot modes?

Why are you asking that question AGAIN when you know it has been asked and answered a bazillion times already?

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

And parents will just love that price. I'll be surprised if the damn thing even moves. :tflaugh

F_R did mention that it's good for a sandbox hmmm. That Scavenger sure could be fun at the park :tflaugh

Why are you asking that question AGAIN when you know it has been asked and answered a bazillion times already?

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

And parents will just love that price. I'll be surprised if the damn thing even moves. :tflaugh

F_R did mention that it's good for a sandbox hmmm. That Scavenger sure could be fun at the park :tflaugh

Or the beach ;)

Or the beach ;)

Especially right now for the summer I'm sure poor Dev's will be baught.

While I'm sure the kids will love it, I'm just not sure how he's going to sell in this economy.

he could be around on the shelves for a while, or vanish like Omega Sentinel did back in energon.

I really appreciate the review FR and while I'm not going to run out and get him the day I find him at retail I might pick him up later on.

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not whiny adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

First, what kid has $100 to drop on a toy, this was clearly ment for the whiny collector who is more likely to have the $100.

Second, those trucks are huge, and the reason given was that an individual bot modes would take away from structural integrity and articulation.

The figure has no articulation due to it's weight, there's still plenty of play room given the size of the individual pieces, so I ask for a bazillionth and one time knowing the excuses, and seeing the product.

Why did they not do it!?!

And since they did it, with the amount that they are charging, with it falling very short of the advertised size, yes, EPIC F'ING FAIL!!!

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not whiny adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

First, what kid has $100 to drop on a toy, this was clearly ment for the whiny collector who is more likely to have the $100.

Second, those trucks are huge, and the reason given was that an individual bot modes would take away from structural integrity and articulation.

The figure has no articulation due to it's weight, there's still plenty of play room given the size of the individual pieces, so I ask for a bazillionth and one time knowing the excuses, and seeing the product.

And since they did it, with the amount that they are charging, with it falling very short of the advertised size, yes, EPIC F'ING FAIL!!!

I'm really basing it on the fact that they want parents to spend on these toys. Dev's does seem to make a good beach or sandbox toy like I previously mentioned. Due to the price though I highly doubt this toy will move off the shelf.

I think it was because, in the movie, they didn't have individual bot modes. Plus I "heard/read" that Dev was really 1 bot and not a group of 5 individual bots. Just 1 bot separated in 5 pieces.

I think it was because, in the movie, they didn't have individual bot modes. Plus I "heard/read" that Dev was really 1 bot and not a group of 5 individual bots. Just 1 bot separated in 5 pieces.

He had 7 pieces in the movie, including the red truck found in the EZ Devastator set.

Someone else pointed out that Demolisher got destroyed at the beginning of the movie, and Scavenger is the one combining into Devastator. So there were more than one of some of the Constructicon vehicles. This was also very much clear from the fact that robot forms of Rampage, Mixmaster, Long Haul and Scrapper (seen in the explosion where Mikaela and Sam are jumping from roof to roof) were seen even while Devastator was formed already.

So that makes both the individual Deluxes and Voyagers valid alongside this Devastator (save for the red truck).

Archived