More Detailed Ultra Magnus City Commander Images

MISP Steve

IMG_1685a__scaled_100.jpg
We can't get enough of this thing, can you? Thanks to HK-TF's Heero who has posted a whole bunch of new super detailed images of the Ultra Magnus City Commander action figure. These images are special showing numerous shots of the the figure and some of the intricate details behind the attachments and how they combine. You may view now in the image gallery. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kicking myself once for skipping on Magnus for just being a repaint and twice for not getting magnus so then I could get this to go with him.

still I dig the BFG but the face I dunno

I got Magnus only because I wanted Skywarp. Now I'm glad I did. I always thought G1 magnus was hokey, but this is way cool.

I can't wait for the magic day when BBTS emails me to tell me it's in.

I can't wait for the magic day when BBTS emails me to tell me it's in.

:pfx

Even if I hadn't built my own armor, I wouldn't get this, except maybe for the boots to build my own. I just don't like it. The trailer mode is practically useless. They spent so much effort on making it armor they neglected the functionality of the trailer. The trailer mode is way too short, can't pivot on the hitch, can't carry cars. There should be an equal balance, a functional armor, and fully functional trailer. All this is, is functional armor.

Even if I hadn't built my own armor, I wouldn't get this, except maybe for the boots to build my own. I just don't like it. The trailer mode is practically useless. They spent so much effort on making it armor they neglected the functionality of the trailer. The trailer mode is way too short, can't pivot on the hitch, can't carry cars. There should be an equal balance, a functional armor, and fully functional trailer. All this is, is functional armor.

I used to agree with you. In fact, my gripes are the same as yours. However, when all is said and done, this armor in bot mode is AWESOME. For me, that alone is worth the price. I'll never display him in carrier mode. If you PLAY with your toys, this is probably not for you. I also HATE the big gun. Anyone know, if G1 Magnus's gun will fit? I cannot wait to receive this. I too bought the set awhile back for Skywarp and just opened it since with the release of the armor, I will not be keeping it sealed. Funny thing is, I sold Skywarp loose! I have, however, pre-ordered the extremely pricey henkei Skywarp since he completes my set of classics seekers.

Well, in fairness, the original Magnus was barely functional as armor. It was all trailer.

Well, in fairness, the original Magnus was barely functional as armor. It was all trailer.

Yes, it was, at least as far as the legs went. That's why I built my armor to be equally functional in both forms, and, given today's technology, these guys also should have been able to do. There is no reason why they couldn't make it fully functional in both forms. Why else make a trailer mode? Ultra Magnus' armor is supposed to form a functioning car carrier trailer that can carry Autobot cars. This doesn't. It's not functional.

Archived