Review: War Within Prowl Titanium Figure

Blitz-Wing

100A.jpg
The War Within series continues with 2 more exclusive figures, this time being featured at Toys R Us. Our first review will be for Prowl, the Autobot strategist. Check out both his pre-Earth modes by reading the review here

Appreciate the review, Cadogen. :thumb

I was on the fence about Prowl, but I think I'll hold off till it reaches clearance. Just doesn't look worth $20. Love his bio though, by pitting him against Shockwave with mindgames.

Will a Ti Grimlock review be coming up?

I was on the fence about Prowl, but I think I'll hold off till it reaches clearance. Just doesn't look worth $20. Love his bio though, by pitting him against Shockwave with mindgames.

Tomorrow :clap

Not a bad review, but there's a few errors in it. One, the shoulder cannons can come down a bit. There are tabs on them about half an inch above the elbow-like joint right behind Prowl's waist. These fit (loosely) into the space where his shoulders rotate into in vehicle mode. This makes the cannons somewhat lower, though still too spindly. Also, in vehicle mode, the white chest pieces pull apart from the center black piece, which it looks like you missed in the picture. This spaces things out a bit which minimizes the gap between the hood and cockpit pieces. IMO this is one of the better vehicle modes in the Titanium line; it's very unique. I look forward to your Grimlock review!

good luck with that... i've been looking for him and grimlock for a while and so far no luck. rpobably really low produtions numbers. if you see it grab it. if it makes clearance buy another and sell it for full price or higher to make up he difference. walmart ravage and rumble were on clearance and still go for twice their regular retail price on ebay.

I'm not sure how limited a run these may have... one of my TRUs got 2 cases (8 of each). The other one closer to me hasn't got anything yet -- but they also didn't get Soundwave when he was out, so I wouldn't be suprized if I never see it there.

But Prowl's shoulders and arms are way too big. They make him look like he's got a tiny little head. It throws of the balance. That, and that huge gap in alt mode... like an unfinshed cockpit. Not that good - especially for $20. Grimlock, however, is full of win. He just needs ball-jointed shoulders (which could be an easy fix).

Also, in vehicle mode, the white chest pieces pull apart from the center black piece, which it looks like you missed in the picture. This spaces things out a bit which minimizes the gap between the hood and cockpit pieces.

I didn't like the look of the pulled out fenders, so I compacted them back in. It exposed the gap between the hood and the cockpit more.

Archived