Review: Universe Galvatron Figure

Blitz-Wing

After all these years, Galvatron gets his own mold. How does this mold stack up, though? Are all those theories about a Deluxe being too small come to light here? Check out the ruthless new ruler of the Decepticons by clicking this link.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only Universe deluxe I've had second thoughts about buying while in the store. The rest of the bots, no hesitation. The problem is the bot mode...it's just messy and lopsided. The right arm is longer than the left, the cannon is as long as 3/4 of his entire body and the legs are just complete crap. I agree with the reviewer. This should have been given the Voyager treatment. Doing so would have likely helped to clean up the look of the figure at least.

Come on, Hasbro! Universe has been awesome up to this figure and the Ultras! Stay focused! More awesome figures like Sunstreaker/Sideswipe and less poorly designed crap like this!

His back looks kinda weird and like all of the tank is just piled up onto his back in robot mode... Eh, nothings perfect. Still looks like a good fig to me.

I like the figure for the most part and the alternate mode is the best but I just have two complaints about it I wish it robot mode was a little more stream lined and not as clunky and most of all it really should be a voyager size figure...I think Hasbro was wrong to size it as a deluxe...still a fairly decent figure.

Man, those knees are pretty high up on the leg. I really want to like this guy, too.

But I have issues with tfs that don't have knees, and knees that high are almost not knees at all.

*glares at Alternators Prime*

Also, to anyone that owns him: Does the, um, 'skirt piece' in the back hinder moving the legs back or is it hinged or something? (Probably, as everything seems to be hinged on this figure.)

Here's a picture for reference.

127.jpg

If that thing doesn't at least flap backwards that seals the deal on me not getting him.

~Matt Booker

Man, those knees are pretty high up on the leg. I really want to like this guy, too.

But I have issues with tfs that don't have knees, and knees that high are almost not knees at all.

*glares at Alternators Prime*

Also, to anyone that owns him: Does the, um, 'skirt piece' in the back hinder moving the legs back or is it hinged or something? (Probably, as everything seems to be hinged on this figure.)

Here's a picture for reference.

127.jpg

If that thing doesn't at least flap backwards that seals the deal on me not getting him.

~Matt Booker

all these traits of bulky mis-proportions Ive noticed are becoming a trait for this universe series...they're just looking more bulky and unmovable I guess if your a purest of the g1 toy era you'll like it but I personally like my figure to have good styling and an equal amount of articulation....I agree I don't think Ill be getting this figure its a disappointment...and a waste of a great character.

Archived