SDCC 2008 - Animated and Universe News Roundup

Peter_Van

We've found that with the flurry of panels and images and news, it can get a little hard to keep all of the news in one place. So, we have compiled all of the news concerning the Universe and Animated lines right here.

Check out the Universe News

Check out the Animated News

Concerning Animated:

Voyager Shockwave in December of next year, was that a typo? It's a shame he won't be able to turn into Longarm, but still, if we have both, it might make it easier to do the double role (for those of us that still play with them), just not as much fun.

The hope to do all the Dinobots is not just theirs. I know quite a few people, myself included, hope they do this. They just need an apatasaurus and a stegosaurus to round them out.

So if Cliffjumper (this is proof that the red one is indeed Cliffjumper) is getting an Activator's version, what about a Deluxe?

As for Classics:

So does Sideswipe come with a shoulder launcher like the Henkei version, or is that just his regular gun mounted in a special fashion indicating the "new torso"?

Why is Silverbolt shipping so soon, but has Powerglide already debuted?

Concerning Animated:

Voyager Shockwave in December of next year, was that a typo? It's a shame he won't be able to turn into Longarm, but still, if we have both, it might make it easier to do the double role (for those of us that still play with them), just not as much fun.

Animated shockwave DOES turn into longarm. he's basicly a quadchanger.

Powerglide has been sneaking out to retail for a week or so now.

As for the modified torso question to Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, what're we talking about?

If it's about shoulder mounting the gun, Sunstreaker already does that, so Sideswipe should be able to do that still. :tfhuh

As for Shockwave, I'm sure that's a typo. If Longarm is coming in Dec. 08, Shockwave will be close by.

Concerning Animated:

Animated shockwave DOES turn into longarm. he's basicly a quadchanger.

Took me a moment, but after stuydying the photos, you're right. I thought they were two different figures. Well, this is much better.

I'm surprised that no one has as of yet commented on what I consider to be the insane awesomeness that is Universe Cyclonus. He convinced me to buy Universe Galvatron as well. Now, all I need is a Universe Deluxe Scourge, and the Trio of Doom will have become reunited again, at last!

Archived