Review: Universe Prowl Figure

Blitz-Wing

Time to restock those wallets! Universe has been sighted on the streets and we're kicking off our reviews of the Universe figures with Prowl. Check out our review of the second in command by clicking here.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird... the "clicking here" isn't linked in the main news post on TFormers.com (at the time of this posting)...

While I think the vehicle mode looks a little "cheap" due to the necessary simplicity of the color scheme and how the parts don't really seem to line up properly, the robot mode really sells it for me, even if that is a little plain-looking as well (at least he doesn't have baby blue accents like his Alternator counterpart); maybe Henkei will chrome the missile launchers...

Although it has a few things to nitpick about, I really like this figure. My only wish is that they painted the shoulder cannons silver / black / grey / anything but white :D

I have the reprolabels sticker set ordered, so my Prowl will be looking better soon. I don't mind the white missiles too much, but I may paint them silver.

I really like that set too. I just wish they had it 3 weeks ago when I made my last order with them for some G1 sets. I'll probably pick it up later... Do post pics when you get your stickers applied, I'd like to see more shots :D

Solid 'bot mode! (is what I keep hearing, anyways... damn tertiary FL markets :tfmad )

Though I can see where his altmode could be more polished; it's something we can work with... :tfgrin Anymore, my mind begins customizing / detailing / PERFECTING tfs for ME looong before I even find them at retail - so I dont really mind having to apply said polish myself.

That a "Classics 2.0" homage-line exists at all is proof of quite a supportive fan-base, much less several WAVES!

Nice but more color would have worked well for the bot mode.

Too much white makes any TF look cheap.

Looks over at Astrotrain.

Well almost any TF.

Same can be said for too much gray.

Silver legs, and canons and he'd be perfect.

Too bad about the alt mode.

The one I got at TFCon had sub-par paint aps on the wings/doors, but I found the wave 1 Universe Deluxe figures on sale at Wal-Mart and I picked up a new Prowl with a much better paint job. It makes all the difference, especially in alt mode.

Prowl seems perfect for the people who want Classics to be: G1, but with more articulation.

Personally, I like the new things they've done with Classics Prime, Sunstreaker, Octane, and Prowl just winds up a bit... dull.

Archived