BotCon 08 Shattered Glass Comic 3-Page Preview

Peter_Van

9223-thumb.jpg
While these are scheduled for release this Thursday, it seems that three pages of the BotCon 2008 Shattered Glass Convention comic has sprung loose. The style of the book grabs its influences from the days of the Generation 1 Marvel comics. Take a preview of page 1, page 2, and page 3.
Read the Full News Story Here

I'm going to say i think this is lagit since it reminds me of the old G2 comics and I like some parts like with grimlock but some other pics I dunno. also having all their past repaints in that last frame I'm not sure about its a cool idea but i dunno. also that G2 style seeker I sure as hell hope gets a toy

Kinda neat, obviously trying hard to imitate the G2 comic style, but something's missing. Not too crazy about incorporating their other characters, all of which have been included in other stories already. That seeker jet on the last page is in the colors of Actionmaster Thundercracker! That repainted Deathsaurus supposed to be Megatron?

Emerje

it would not suprise me then if that megatron design and the G2 thunder cracker are the bagged exclusives. and if that is true that means the grand total of toys I'd like to get from the con is..2 Grim and prime

I'm going to say i think this is lagit since it reminds me of the old G2 comics and I like some parts like with grimlock but some other pics I dunno. also having all their past repaints in that last frame I'm not sure about its a cool idea but i dunno. also that G2 style seeker I sure as hell hope gets a toy

It definately has that feel to it. They are just missing the word bubbles.

OMG WTF DARCY TUCKER

sorry... listening to game when posting.

Anyways, I liked the Action Master cameo on page 1.

..did ANYONE read the last page where it says "April Fools" on it?

No because it isn't there. They added it in later on the official website ("Megatron's" word balloon was changed). Still, it was a nicely done little comic.

Emerje

Too bad it's a joke...that actually made me interested in the Botcon toys. G2-style art? British, proper, evil Grimlock? All win.

And the Grimlock/Starscream interaction mimicking the G2 Megatron/Bludgeon cover? Oh yes.

I fail to see how "You thought you were getting an awesome comic but you'll probably get a mediocre one instead! APRIL FOOLZ!!" is an effective marketing tactic, AT ALL.

Archived