BT 21, 22 Alternators Decepticharge, Another Convoy

Peter_Van

9202-thumb.jpg
First BinalTech releases hit a slow patch, but 2008 seems to be bringing about a resurgence of the series for the line by TakaraTomy. Following the BT-19 Bluestreak and BT-20 Meister v2 confirmation, information about BT-21 and BT-22 seems to be trickling out as well. "Crazy" of the Hong Kong Transformers Talk Forum, that BT-21 will be a repainted Transformers: Alternators Windcharger while BT-22 will be another version of the BinalTech Convoy figure. Continue reading.
Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God these are ugly. Decepticharge might have been ok without the pink.

These aside, my general thoughts are that I really don't/won't care about the line until we see some new molds. If they'd go in the direction of the movie with hyper detailed bot modes then they'd really have my attention. Especially if they actually did MP/BT quality versions of Prime and BB (I know the interiors wouldn't work- but that would be ok).

Honestly I think that was one of the bigger problems with the line. There are only so many ways you can transform a car and have the interior still work. I think because of this they eventually all started looking alike (that and all the repaints).

Another interesting possabilty would be BT style renderings of characters like Hot Rod and Kup in their original Cybertron/concept car versions. So a little like classics, but with the BT realism and detail.

Kup and Arcee? Hoist? Maybe the Black Widow we were promised all those years ago? Will the Ram mold feature Nemesis' metal parts, or be all plastic like the KISS version? The mind boggles!

There was talk in the other link about there being two colors of the RAM repaint, but I doubt it will 2: Probably just lime green.

I'll probalby buy both, but where are rumble and ravage? Wouldn't those make more sense? I guess they don't have metal molds of them...

Archived