MP-58 Hoist Takara TOMY Transformers MasterPiece News & Discussion Topic

BaCon

As expected, Takara TOMY would follow their MasterPIce Trailbreaker with his mold mate Hoist as the MP-58 release. The retailer leaked listing shows the G1 accurate design with a HUGE hook that also works as a grapple device as shown in the G1 cartoon. We can also see accessories such as the alien mask, tools and blast effects included as well. - Read the Full News Story

MP-58%20Hoist%20Takara%20TOMY%20Transfor

Just behind the retailer news, are the official images of the Takara TOMY Transformers MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist figure release. The mold mate to Trailbreakers is goes green with a bevy of accessories and an awesome CLAW! Look for the MP-58 Hoist to go on preorder in Japan on June 6, 2023. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20MP-58%20Hoist%20Takara%20TO

He looks awful. I really really hate this slavish devotion to the cartoon series. We get garbage like this that looks like a robot wearing bright orange gym shorts with toothpicks for legs instead of a cool modern interpretation of this beloved character.

The "Masterpiece" series just needs to change it's name to "Expensive Cartoon Transformers with Zero Aesthetic Sensibilities." Ugh! 😩

Just listed on Amazon Japan is the official product details for the Takara TOMY Transformers MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist figure release. The new figures will be released in Japan on January 27, 2024 for a price of ¥ 24,148 JPY / $172 USD. Read on to see the translated product information and new stock images below. - Read the Full News Story

The next Takara TOMY Transformers MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist release that has been announced for release in Japan. The official YouTube channel has posted an extended showcase for the new MP-58 with views of the figure, functions, accessories and more that you can see in the video below. - Read the Full News Story

49961__scaled_800.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Takara TOMY's official YouTube channel has posted a new preview video for their Transformers MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist. Get the official previews for the next MP release that goes green with a bevy of accessories including that awesome crane hook. Watch the full previews in the video below to see more of MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist. - Read the Full News Story

• 6 months later...

Just in from the Asia SNS we have some in-hand images of Transformers MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist. Get the full preview for the next MP release out of the box that features a bunch of great accessories including that awesome crane hook. See all the images of MasterPiece MP-58 Hoist thanks to @hellokids精品. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20MP-58%20Hoist%20In-Hand%20%

"I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear."

And weren't they the same height? 

As far as the aesthetics, I'm glad they don't do updated takes on them anymore. This way I won't be tempted to get them because damn they're ugly now. With previous MP figures I was at least slightly interested. Now though, no thanks.

If I wanted everything 100% "G1", I'd just get the old toys and watch nothing but the original cartoon. I lived that already though. I don't want that anymore. I want modern and updated versions but not to the detriment of the figure like Kingdom Tracks. However I also don't want them slavishly G1 like Trailbreaker and Hoist be they the MPs or the current Generations versions. It's just so odd that some figures are nice updates while hitting the old design cues, some are 100% G1 updates and others are a mix of the old and new. Make them all one way please.

• 2 weeks later...

The Autobot Hoist that played an active role in the TV anime "Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers" is finally available in the Masterpiece line!Transforms from a tow truck to a robot! Enjoy fully poseable!The vehicle mode is based on the Toyota Hilux, the same as the MP-56 Trail Breaker, and has a tow truck version with a newly built cargo bed. - Read the Full News Story

Image%20of%20MP-58%20Hoist%20Official%20

• Like 1