Transformers Legacy Autobot Pointblank with Peacekeeper In-Hand Images

BaCon

Thanks to the Vector Sigma on Facebook, we have some Takara Transformers Legacy Dead End and Blanker / Pointblank with Peacemaker product solicitation Images. Takara is not far behind Hasbro's SDCC 2022 Legacy reveals. The low resolution images do show Dead End and Pointblank's alt modes, and a look at the Targetmaster Peacemaker.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Takara%20Transformers%20Legacy%20Dead%20

So Targetmasters are going back to being G1 style bricks I see. This is what I feared when I first read that Pointblank and Peacemaker were packaged together. It's just a shame that the two red chested Battlemaster guns are both exclusives. I have both but it's going to be pricey to get more to keep Peacemaker and any potential Spoilsport looking like Pinpointer. Even still, there's no red limbs so you can't even mix and match them to look right like Firebolt, Fracas, Nightstick, Hairsplitter, Singe, Aimless, Caliburst and Blowpipe. You can even make a Haywire and Recoil by doing this.

I have the Takara Targetmasters from Legends so I think I'm going to have to stick with those for Crosshairs, Pointblank and any potential Sureshot as I am with Misfire, Slugslinger and Triggerhappy instead of using the Battlemasters. It's just a shame they never did Fracas and Nightstick to make all the original Targetmasters match. 

I guess it wasn't just the Micromasters but also the Battlemaster that supposedly didn't sell well. I mean, it's not like they're doing anything with that price point in Legacy so they could've continued it onward. Then again, they didn't use it for Kingdom either. It's such a shame. I love those little guys. I bought extras so I could parts swap more accurate versions and making new figures from the leftover parts.

One day we'll get all the Targetmasters from a single style again. Or at the very least, two styles. One for the original Targetmasters and the other for the Double Targetmasters. 

Classics 2.0 Targetmaster. Only one mold with a ton of redecos. With only one mold, obviously not a complete set.

Generations Thrilling 30 Double Targetmaster. Two molds with only four redecos of one and five of the other. Not a complete set of Double Targetmasters.

Takara Legends Targetmaster. Nine mostly unique molds. Only two short from a complete set of original Targetmasters. Or four if you count Artfire and Stepper but they just use the missing two anyway without any deco changes. If only Takara did more of their own Generations Selects. They could release Artfire, Cyclonus and/or Scourge as Targetmasters with their unique molds and release a Stepper using SS86 Jazz as one as well. I'll go back in on those characters for the Targetmasters.

Siege Battlemaster. Two unique molds and one retool with a ton of redecos but not a complete set of any.

Legacy Targetmaster. Only one so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hasbro designer @markclonus is on point today with another figure overview of from the Transformers Fanstream for the Transformers Legacy Autobot Pointblank and Targetmaster Peacemaker figures. This G1 throwback lands with a totally new update in Legacy. Read on to see Mark's report on the making of these toys and the concept images that follow.

Transformers%20Legacy%20Pointblank%20&%2

• 3 weeks later...

Takara's official Twitter channel has posted in-hand images of the Takara Transformers Legacy TL-15 Autobot Pointblank & Autobot Peacemaker figures. Check out the translated update and new shots that show the Targetmasters' transformation from car to robot.

Takara%20Transformers%20Legacy%20TL-15%2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...