First Look Transformers Legacy Iguanus & Skywarp Official Images

BaCon

Transformers Tuesday - The official Transformers SNS has posted two new reveals giving us our first look at the Transformers Legacy Iguanus and Skywarp core class wave 1 figure. The much-anticipated reveal of Iguanus is here with a neat little remake of the original Pretender character. As expected, there would be redecos of core Starscream as the other Seekers and here is the first with Skywarp.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

First%20Look%20Transformers%20Legacy%20I

Gotta love when the stock photos are slightly mistransformed. It looks like Iguanus' knees should tab into the tail for motorcycle mode to help solidify the back end. As much as I wanted BW Iguanus, this is everything I expected when it was leaked that it was G1 Iguanus and I love it. Iguanus was one of my favorite Pretenders back in the day for some reason. I think I'm going to miss having the wheels as a "weapon" though but I guess Arcee has that covered. Just kind of wish the tail had a hinge or something. He looks loaded with articulation though. Ball jointed shoulders, elbows, hips, knees and ankles as well as sockets in the feet to allow ankle pivots as part of the transformation and a waist swivel also due to transformation. Maybe the head can move as well. The backpack looks to clean up pretty nice too. A very well designed little figure.

Odd that Skywarp doesn't also come with the Null Rays as it's a very Hasbro thing to have redecos come with the older weapons with the new ones. I guess the eventual flood of black Null Rays on Ebay will actually have a purpose unlike the flood of grey ones currently. Like what is actually wrong with the ones that come with Starscream that new ones needed to be designed? 

Those weapons are odd though. They look like they should combine into something but these two don't seem to be able to combine with each other in any meaningful way. One looks like a sword guard and the other looks like like the start of a trident. Maybe wave 2 will have two more pieces that are similar that will combine with these two. Then wave 3 will have a third piece for each. So the one that comes with Iguanus would need a hilt and blade. The one that comes with Skywarp would need the pole and the center prong.

• Like 1

Iguanus is awesome. I will be getting this and all other Pretenders. When I heard Legacy was doing Pretenders I was hoping for a deluxe or voyager figure with a updated shell design. But that's fine. This works and easier on the budget. 

Skywarp just as amazing as Starscream so nothing new there but do not like they took his null rays guns. I don't want t have to purchase 3rd party weapon pack for more $$$ when Hasbro should have just added it.

I'd love a Cy-Kill. He had a small cameo in recent IDW issue.

• Like 1