Transformers Legacy Titan Cybertron Metroplex Leaked Image?

BaCon

Thanks to Michael J Caboose on Facebook we have a leaked image that supports the rumor that the Transformers Legacy Titan Cybertron Metroplex would be based on the Cybertron version. The image that watermarks indicate to have come from Family Dollar shows the robot, workbot, and excavator modes along with the retail price of $189 USD to be released July 1, 2022.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Transformers%20Legacy%20Titan%20Cybertro

I heard about this rumor months ago and was hoping it to be false, mostly because I have the Generations Metroplex from the thrilling 30 line and it's perfect.  I wish they'd just re-release that for all the people that didn't get it.  I figured this new version was coming, but I was still hoping for a Nemesis to go along with the Ark.  And a Titan or Commander class subline of TF spaceships would have been great.  A few ideas: From G1: The Nemesis, Decepticon underwater HQ, Meg's ship from Ultimate Doom, Autobot Flagship from Dark Awakening; From TF: the Movie: Autobot Shuttles, Galvatron's ship, Junkion Ship, Quintesson ship; From Beast Wars: Axalon, Darksyde.  They could have release a Titan and a commander every year:  

I'm guessing part of this release stems from trademarking the name "Metroplex"

I suppose this means that the Titan's of the past won't be re-released for new generations.    

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 12:11 PM, BaCon said:

@God Sunstreaker Agreed, the Generations mold would have made a lot of fans happy. I already have the Megalo version and am quite glad I won't have to spend $200 in another Titan. 

Indeed, it'll be nice to put those financial resources into something else. 

I initially purchased the thrilling 30 Metroplex because I have the G1 Fortress Maximus, and well, having a comparably sized set of Autobot Bases just made sense, G1 Metroplex while awesome, is just so little in comparison.  

I let myself fall into Hasbro's trap of getting all the "counterparts" and I've been picking up the Titans ever since:  Scorponok was a long time coming, finally having Fortress Maximus's Decepticon Counterpart.  

I pre-ordered the Black Zarak and then canceled it: while it looks great, I'm out of space, and I really would prefer to save the money or spend it on things I'll love.  (I also missed the Grand Maximus release)

Anyway, I pre-ordered the Ark and every single third-party addon I could find and I love it.  And speaking of addons: I did that with Fort Max and Scorponok too.  But that Metroplex, other than the slow release of his buddies (Sixgun and Slammer) he was perfect as released. (I did get the SDCC version with 2 red guns).  The R&D is out of the way, so I wish Hasbro/Takara would help out the fans, I'm baffled.  

It's weird, Hasbro has been giving the fans what they've been craving over the last few years and this release appears to depart from that.