Transformers LEGACY Leaked 2022 Listings Update Possible Classes & Waves

BaCon

Thanks to Preposterous over at TFW who's just shared an updated list of the Transformers LEGACY Leaked Listings with the possible classes, waves and case mixes within them. There's a lot of stuff on the radar for 2022 with more of what fans have been asking for from the G1, Beast Wars, Armada, Prime, and more series from the past.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

Transformers-Leaked-Listings.jpg

wow, what a list! So, we are getting new combiners it looks like. On the one hand, I am excited because I did not get motormaster and only have two of the CW stunticons. On the other hand, does this mean I will be replacing my bruticus in the coming years? And is commander class really where that character should be? Perhaps motormaster will be like Rodimus prime where the figure is smaller but has the extra detailing and tooling necessary to pull off everything they are supposed to do. It will be very interesting to see how Hasbro updates the combiner feature, if they do in fact combine (and why wouldn't they?). I think that is the biggest reveal for me. 

I think I like the direction legacy is going of pulling from all years of Transformers. I just hope it does not lose the cohesiveness of previous years. War for cybertron started great and while it was bogged down with exclusives that were very hard to get, I enjoyed the design decisions that were made. I think it is time for transformers to get a dedicated collector line like the other series; the movie figures will likely fill in the general releases. I hope it stays strong for years to come.

• Like 1

Good points! I agree on most of what you said. I do hope the Legacy line matches up with previous lines as well. I'm intrigued by the new Stunticons coming and wonder if it's just a "one-off," because the one Combiner Wars set that was the worst was that Stunticon set, and Hasbro just want to do right by redoing Menasor, or if we'll be getting a whole redo on all the combiners, too. I'm still hoping we get all the Dinobots, including Snarl in the future, and I'd like to continue with obscure TF's like Crankcase, Pointblank, and so on. 

6 hours ago, cvg_437087232 said:

Good points! I agree on most of what you said. I do hope the Legacy line matches up with previous lines as well. I'm intrigued by the new Stunticons coming and wonder if it's just a "one-off," because the one Combiner Wars set that was the worst was that Stunticon set, and Hasbro just want to do right by redoing Menasor, or if we'll be getting a whole redo on all the combiners, too. 

That is a good thought. It does make sense to update Menasor because he did have a lot of issues as a combiner. And when I look at the combiners I do own (bruticus, Abominus, POTP starscream, devastator) I don't think they need updates right now. Though for some reason I feel bruticus is the weaker of the ones I own and would be intrigued to see a new onslaught.

Commander  class is also a good way to go with combiner core figures. They can pack in blast effects, combiner accessories like hands and feet, and do the tooling necessary to make them great. Another question is whether the figure will have a new combiner joint system/attach system or not?

On a different note, I want more Armada! Starscream is a good start.

• Like 1

So excited about the new line! Especially the Prime figures. I didn't start liking Transformers until after the Prime figures came out 😂. However, really looking forward to that now. But, what does Pr mean?

• Like 1