Impossible Toys to close after Tetrajets and one more figure...

Scaleface

Along with the notice that Impossible Toys would close at the end of the year, they announced one last project, with the following:

http://www.impossibletoys.com/page1.html

ALL CORRESPONDING PAGES ARE COPYRIGHT MATERIAL OF IMPOSSIBLE TOYS, INC. 2013 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Dear fans,

it is with great regret to let everyone know Impossible Toys will be closing its doors and no longer be producing toys at the end of 2013. We feel its important we explain so here it is......This is due to weak pre-orders sales on the Tetra Squadron, We anticipated higher but it appears we no longer have the support from the fandom we used to. We are not sure if this is due to so many new 3rd party companies in the market or if fans are just not interested in non mainstreamed G1 style characters and products anymore, Well from us anyway......

The last 3 toys released prior to the Tetra Squadron and Alicon we did not recover from, (Alpha Tryon, Kranax, Arblilas) only about 250pcs of each made it to market. So low sales numbers and high expenses don't usually allow a company to continue. We have made every effort possible to improve every time and the Alicon and Tetra Squadron are our most superior product we have produced to date but we cant sell enough numbers to allow to keep making new products.

We have read many forums and respect your thoughts good and bad. So with that said the first 7 Tetra Squadron toys are being released but only a small number of around 1000pcs each world wide, and a 2nd small run of Alicons that are almost completed to fill the current preorders and give those that missed out one final chance, if we can budget the last planned 4 Tetra Squadron toys (Acid-Stomer and 3 Rain-Makars) we will do those in the around same small 500-1000 pcs numbers too, but those are pending for now, So please expect these to not happen unless something major changes,

We have another project that has already been in the works with the Tetra Squadron and already finished but we did not announce, I know you hate teasers but one is posted on the left if you did not notice. This will be the final release from us and details will be released in the next few weeks, Again these will be released in extremely small numbers, So to our long time supporters please act fast to avoid paying crazy aftermarket prices like the Quint-01 and TRNS-01,

All older products have been sold off and discontinued for some time now so any stock on older products you might find at online retail is the last of it, please do not expect restocks, if there is anything your still looking for your best bet is to look at one of our online retailers if they still have stock or maybe Ebay,

Being the first 3rd party group to make a 100% new factory production toys we have made many friends over the years and always tried our best to improve but times change. We started this as fans to make toys we wanted and could never have as kids, then thought it would be nice to share them with our fellow fans but it seems G1 fans are not as interested as they used to be, Well in us anyway.

We thank all those fans and customers that have supported us over the years before this 3rd party thing became so crazy. The Tetra Squadron toys will arrive to all our online retailers in the next couple weeks to fill the preorders, So we hope you enjoy your final Impossible Toys products, its been a great time.

Till all are...........

post-16931-0-51705100-1373233182.png

Impossible Toys always seemed to be on the fringe anyway. I like the Alicon and have it on pre-order, but those Tertrajets looked bad. I don't know if they changed the heads on them, but I'm not interested enough to buy them. I wonder how long it'll be before collectors have had enough of 3rd party companies? Will we finally just give up from figurative exhaustion, especially when it comes to the price of a lot of 3rd party toys?

From a marketing point, third party retailers aren't trying to get rich fast. It takes research and development to get these products out. Most of them get an A+ for effort. Some of the companies were doing good and then they all seemed to slow down. Here's the only third party toys I have. Quintessen Judge, Knight Morpher Commander, Spray, UFO, Minions Rumble and Frenzy, and I have Perfect Effect's Aranea pre-ordered. All of these that I named, I had interest in. With all the masterpieces and generations coming out, that's where my money is going. I like third party when Hasbro doesn't have their head in the game.

UPDATE:

Impossible Toys added this:

page7

Thanks to all for the emails showing your support it is appreciated. Also we were made aware of the comments made on certain sites positive and not so positive. We are sorry we could not go in the direction some of you wanted but we tried our best to stay true to what we like, Did we make mistakes yes but we started out just trying to make things as fans we like and thought other fans might also like some obscure characters that would never be made, Making toys is not as easy as some might think and us being the first 3rd party company to make a entire new figure we were bound to make mistakes along the way, But its good other groups can learn from our mistakes on what fans want. Our products are made to tie in with G1 collections and when making them we wanted fans to put our toys on a G1 display and have them fit well, Todays toys look very different and that is the direction other groups take but we wanted to stay true to G1. To answer your questions on the Tetra Squadron toys head and legs is simple. The toys were already made before we announced them, The legs we could not make longer because it would not allow the toy to transform correct and allow for stability in robot form. Also we added picture below of our last releases that we will try our best to release, I am sure you can tell who the toys are. Also we will try to fill the preorders on the Tetra Squadron and Allicon toys that have been placed prior to the next few weeks with what stock there will be left. We will do our best to continue reply to all of your emails as fast as we can.

Seems they have Legends size Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, a Yellow Cliffjumper, Bumper, Glyph, Goldbug, Tap-Out and Wasp in the works. There is also someone who looks like Bumblebee but colored like Rosanna???

post-16931-0-82000900-1373276571.jpg

post-16931-0-77117200-1373276652.jpg

post-16931-0-63019700-1373276663.jpg

post-16931-0-99550600-1373276669.jpg

I think it was the poor quality of some of their most anticipated figures that killed fans interest in their figures. I know a lot of people that bought their Arcee version felt burned due to the quality and price. I think they had the desire, but they just couldn't release the quality it takes to compete. I think the Tetrajets were good, but that headsculpt was the kiss of death for them. They had a lot of potential.....just didn't ever reach it.

no-no-its-not-true-thats-29495-1310426776-3.jpg

Archived