Toy Fair 2013 - Hasbro Investor Event Reveals New Transformers TV Show and Products Coming!

BaCon

Toy%20Fair%202013%20%20-%20Hasbro%20Investor%20Event%20Reveals%20New%20Transformers%20TV%20Show%20and%20Products%20Image%20(11)__scaled_100.jpg
Just in are details from the Hasbro New York Toy Fair 2013 Investor Event podcast posted on the corporate site. The annual event covers details of the newest produts the company has planned for the coming year. This year they are shaing news with investors about a new Transformers TV Series for Chinese Fans, Transformers Construct-Bots, Relaunch of Transformers: Beast Hunters and new initiative they will be offering to support the new series. Read more below for details and highlights form the event. Read the Full News Story Here

agree.gifagree.gif

of course I wasn't looking to buy much Hasbro items this year with maybe 3-4 purchases total. Most of my interests and $$ are going towards 3rd party products.

With the shear scores of those coming out, I'm certain a LOT of collectors share that sentiment. :thumb

Already had a 4-5 years of buying 1-2 formers. Its depressing in the UK. Dont even feel like a collector anymore as theres so little worth buying. What we do get seems to be the cheap overpriced rubbish the states doesn't want.

I would say only option to get the good stuff is import but thats costly and cant think of many official figures id really care to import in last few years.

Sad thing is ever since the movies the quality of figure has declined but price gone up. Now we have blocky figures that dont feel like Transformers. Animated and Prime i feel have a lot to answer for with this. But I think overriding factors while Ill skip this as I have done prime and animated is stock level and variety in the UK which is non existent these days and price. Honestly the tiny little figures for £12+ ... I remember back in BW days that was £5 and they did more and looked a trillion times better. Hell Armada ( one of my favs ) they were big and blocky and you had a good size figure for £10 and £20 for something like Overload one of best moulds tbh.

Now we have this trend of tiny almost one piece plastic figures for £12+ and its just not worth it. Very sad.

The only official figure this year I think I would buy is MP Soundwave but even that feels a bit incomplete with accessories. Also they need to be a bit cheaper for what they are. Again overpricing.

So as above said only thing worth looking at is 3rd party stuff. The Predaking looks stunning but limited quantity and price makes it too unrealistic. Gone are the days I can drop £300 on a former. It is the sort of quality the Hasbro combiners should be at. Instead of just constant repaits more of which were getting this year, also wheres the size. Sell over sized combiner figs at £10 each thats a good profit.

Sorry to rant just not been on in a while and its frustrating lol.

Archived