Masterpiece Origins Megatron

autobotx23

Over a year ago one of the writers from the IDW staff saw a deluxe sized Origins styled Megatron I posted at Sector 70.com from a contest they had there. He wanted a larger version of the figure, more closely based off of the comic book art. I was happy to oblige. A year later, and I hadn't made much progress, mired in divorce and a career change. I refunded him but never moved him away from my desk. It was like he was taunting me to finish him. Daring me, that since I was now knee deep in vector graphics and marketing plans I no longer had the balls to finish him. Freaking Decepticons...

Megatron was built from parts from Energon Leader Megs, Energon Jetfire, an NFL Robot, Cybertron Prime (shocker!), 1/60 Gundam Exia and Gundam Stroke Freedom, GI Joe Tanks, TFTM Leader Brawl, several Zoids, Iron Man and War Machine figures, styrene, epoxy putty, apoxie putty, epoxy, super glue and some of my blood (damn Decepticons). He stands 18 inches tall and weighs 7 pounds. articulated fingers, magnetically attaching fusion cannon, ball-jointed head, 360 degree rotating wrists, 5 pointed jointed thighs, ball jointed and pistoned feet and ankles, rotating waists and independently moving shoulders and shoulder vents.

He has a red LED in his eyes and a blue super-bright LED in his cannon. Both are powered and switch on and off independently with industrial electronics switches. Megatron transforms into a mechanized gun turret. Enjoy!

Megs03_zps71b363e2.jpg

Megs07_zps867709b0.jpg

Megs26_zps7875b57a.jpg

Megs28_zps3aac150f.jpg

Megs49_zps129dd8c8.jpg

Megs52_zpsc80c9b19.jpg

Megs35_zps98f225bd.jpg

Megs63_zpscba1d11e.jpg

MegsAlt06_zps5f9316f8.jpg

MegsAlt04_zps8b3cab0f.jpg

post-8506-0-85884900-1357276099.jpg

Archived