Amazon and GameStop TF Fall of Cybertron Pre-Order exclusives!

PhantomMorphX

transformers-fall-of-cybertron-bruticus-combine__scaled_100.jpg
GameStop and Amazon have unveiled the bonuses that each retailer will offer if you do business with them by pre-ordering Transformers Fall of Cybertron. As is customary as of late, each retailer will offer something different, with GameStop giving out a Transformers G1 Retro Pack, including Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Shockwave. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

Finally, both Game Stop and Amazon have posted on their website what their Pre-Order bonuses will be for Transformers Fall of Cybertron.

Game Stop will give a G1 skin pack, that includes Optimus, Megatron & Shockwave, to be used single player mode (Optimus also in multiplayer). As for Amazon, it's a code to access Bruticus, judging by the image it's also just a skin for single player.

For now, Best Buy, Target or Walmart have yet to anounce if they'll have a bonus.

I'll probably just buy my copy at Target. Here lately they've been offering a $20 gift card with the purchase of a new game, essentially cutting the cost down to $40. That trumps a $5 DLC character pack any day.

I usually just get it off Amazon regardless. They offer the $10 coupons and I get money points on my Amazon card. Win-win for me.

Pre-order bonuses are usually crap to me, but some people love it.

I don't hate preorder exclusives by any means. Getting to play as Mirage in multiplayer on day one for the DOTM game was cool. It just won't sway me when decent cash savings are involved. With the $20 I'll save at Target, I can grab two full fledged character/map packs like they released for WFC, should FOC have them, and I'm sure they'll include whatever preorder "exclusives" got released, again, like WFC.

I'll probably just buy my copy at Target. Here lately they've been offering a $20 gift card with the purchase of a new game, essentially cutting the cost down to $40. That trumps a $5 DLC character pack any day.

TRU usually does this as well. I think they do $15. not sure

I don't hate preorder exclusives by any means. Getting to play as Mirage in multiplayer on day one for the DOTM game was cool. It just won't sway me when decent cash savings are involved. With the $20 I'll save at Target, I can grab two full fledged character/map packs like they released for WFC, should FOC have them, and I'm sure they'll include whatever preorder "exclusives" got released, again, like WFC.

TRU usually does this as well. I think they do $15. not sure

Yeah, I guess I went a little overboard saying crap. It won't sway my decision to where I decide to make my purchase. I like Amazon the most since I don't have to drive anywhere (the closest Target or TRU stores are about 6 miles away in awful traffic) and they offer pretty decent savings as well.

I refuse to pay over $40 for ANY title. Charging $50-$60 is porking the gamer, and there's been studies lately saying that such 'high end' games aren't selling too good anymore.

"High end" games offer little in variety and innovation anymore. Indie DLC games are where creativity thrives these days, and those ususally clock in at $5-$20.

That said, I will pay for full price for some games, specifically Final Fantasy and Transformer games, but those prices are offset by store offers and my own arrangement with a group of 4-5 friends of trading titles we like. The rest I spend $20-$40 on.

You're totally right Jason. I purchased a Xbox Live Arcade game for $15 and I still haven't beaten it yet. It's crazy long and well made, and challenging.

Meanwhile, I purchased Max Payne 3 and I already beat the single-player portion of the game.

It's usually why I won't pay for games unless they're open-world (GTA, Red Dead Redemption), or an epic adventure (I cannot think of one right now, or a game I know I will like a lot (Portal 2).

"Franchise" games like Call of Duty and the sports titles they churn out every year with barely any change is not worth it.

I think FOC, being released on a regular schedule, should be worth it. It will only be a matter of time before the retailers start to offer money off.

And Blitz, sorry to say, but there hasn't been a $40 game for a while. Unless you buy it used. And you cannot even get that price at GameStop anymore - they totally rip you off.

I like to stubbornly wait until a new game drops to a reasonable price. I waited about a year before Walmart dropped inFamous 2 down to $30 before finally picking it up, and the first inFamous is one of my favorite games of this console generation. Other good deals include grabbing Darksiders and Bayonetta from the bargain bin for $20 each two Christmas' ago. More recently I picked up Dante's Inferno and Army of 2: The 40th Day, also for $20 each.

For downloadable games, Dead Nation was a blast (though I got that one free from the PSN outage debacle a year ago) and the best $10 I ever spent was on a quirky, Halloween-themed RPG called Costume Quest. If you haven't played it, you really should.

Archived