Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Officially Unveiled

Peter_Van

transformers-movie-trilogy-series-deluxe-optimus-prime-with-trailer__scaled_100.jpg
Even though we knew this toy was coming, it is always nice to see an official unveiling of Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer before its ceremonious reveal tomorrow at Toy Fair 2012 (did we say we would be there live?). The figure was photographed earlier last month in its glory. The figure combines the original Wal-Mart store exclusive figure along with the trailer from TakaraTomy's Optimus Prime Chronicles figure. Want to know what else is showing up at Toy Fair tomorrow? Check out our predictions. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still totally getting this, but it would've been nice if Hasbro sold the trailer seperately for people who already the figure....

Still totally getting this, but it would've been nice if Hasbro sold the trailer seperately for people who already the figure....

No,thanks,paying $30 or $40 for a deluxe sized toy with a trailer that does nothing but split in half. isn't something i'd be willing to buy.

Personally,as far as deluxe sized optimus pime toys goes/rates. that DOTM Deluxe walmart optimus prime,is just a horrible toy mold in both modes.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark & guess. that since walmart is selling the DOTM deluxe optimus & it's repaint. that walmart will be also selling this dotm deluxe optimus with the trailer as a store exclusive. Because Retail stores don't like to order big exspensive items when the line is almost wrapping up & ending soon.

I'm really upset at hasbro,because instead of giving USA TF buyers/fans the Takara DA-15 jetwing prime or the striker optimus,were getting this DOTM deluxe optimus with trailer instead that will most likely cost $40 & be put in a huge box.

No,thanks,paying $30 or $40 for a deluxe sized toy with a trailer that does nothing but split in half. isn't something i'd be willing to buy.

Personally,as far as deluxe sized optimus pime toys goes/rates. that DOTM Deluxe walmart optimus prime,is just a horrible toy mold in both modes.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark & guess. that since walmart is selling the DOTM deluxe optimus & it's repaint. that walmart will be also selling this dotm deluxe optimus with the trailer as a store exclusive. Because Retail stores don't like to order big exspensive items when the line is almost wrapping up & ending soon.

I'm really upset at hasbro,because instead of giving USA TF buyers/fans the Takara DA-15 jetwing prime or the striker optimus,were getting this DOTM deluxe optimus with trailer instead that will most likely cost $40 & be put in a huge box.

Well then thank heavens no one has a gun to your head forcing you to take your cash out and buy it. It's entirely optional.

I've never seen anyone get so worked up over so little.

Not sure how well this will work with the rest of the DOTM/trilogy line - the deluxe Prime didn't really scale with anything. But it looks cool, and we need to send Hasbro the message that Primes need trailers. :9000

I'm getting this.

I'm sure there'll be a 3rd party kit made to fill it with sorts of G1-y goodness.

Still gonna yank my Roller out of his Cyberverse Ark playset box and stick him in there.

Well then thank heavens no one has a gun to your head forcing you to take your cash out and buy it. It's entirely optional.

I've never seen anyone get so worked up over so little.

Jason X, I'm with ShadowPanther on this side of the fence. Were getting $hit on here in the US while Takara is putting out the good stuff for Japan.

No one is forcing us to buy it, but man, give us something good Hasbro. This is a deluxe Prime with a trailer? The way it opens is crap, the Prime deluxe mold is crap. On the trailing end of a poorly selling line they bring us this?

Easy pass

Where is the leader Megatron? Shockwave? HA Soundwave? Yeah, Hasbro was way out of touch with this line and their still warming the pegs. We do have FOC and Prime toys to look forward to but I have a sinking feeling that they won't continue the deluxe combiner momentum with a couple more.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it happening right now. They said that it took two years to develop Bruticus from concept to reality? Maybe in two years they will release another one because they started to realize what the market is really looking for.

Personnally I don't know what their grand strategy is, but it doesn't seem like they are paying attention to what is selling. They should be tuned into what 3rd party vendors are producing and selling for a higher price. It seems like they are STARTING to realize it but their just not quite there.

First sight I was :love Then I saw the trailer open and I was :( Now I am all :wtf

Exactly,my point. the trailer does nothing but split in half. the deluxe toy is not that great by itself.

To add further coal to the fire. The trailer is beyond over sized. this over sized trailer looks like it belongs with a ultra sized optimus toy mold.

Personally this trailer is extremly lame-o. because it does nothing but split open. at the very least create a over sized trailer that transforms into that DOTM Movie Ring thing.

instead of getting this,hasbro could have given us DA-15 jetwing prime for under $69.99. Striker optimus for under $50. at the very least these two have tons of play value,are accessories that transform into something useful. use the most superior optimus truck/cab/bot toy around.

Archived