UK Toy Fair 2012 Transformers News - New Generations, Prime Weaponizers, Optimus Maximus, more

BaCon

uk-toy-fair.gif
Thanks the kind fans at FMH who have posted a report on the Transformers display at the Toy Fair 2012 event going on in the UK this week. The report offers up some insights on the shapes of this things to come this year. Highlights include new on new products coming to the Generations line that is to include 8 new figures. The Transformers Prime Weponizers with Leader class figures that feature 4-modes of play and more. Then there is this new thing they call Optimus Maximus. A transforming figure who's alternate mode is a base for your Cyberverse figures. Read the Full News Story Here

8 more War For Cybertron figures in the Generations line? Jazz and Grimlock Confirmed! Grimlock better be a new mold and not a repaint of Classics Grimlock

Optimus Maximus? Are we harkening back to the days or Battlestars? Hopefully these ones will be posable

Screw Kreo, even on 75% off Clearance the shelves are still stocked with them

Cyberverse? No! Bring back the scout class!!!

and!

:pics

Optimus Maximus and not, say, Maximus Prime? Optimus isn't usually used as a designation (aside from Optimus Primal). Can only hope he resembles Fortress Maximus a little. Haven't really bought into the whole Cyberverse line except for a couple of the more interesting ones (Powerglide, Hatchet, Guzzel), but if he has a good bot mode and a non-base alt mode I might pick him up.

Fall of Cybertron sounds like it's off to a good start, just hope Grimlock is larger than deluxe considering his stature in the game.

Emerje

Folks need to start buying Kre-o. I was skeptical at first, but now am totally sold. I cannot wait to see pics at the NY toy fair. My only ? Would be: where are ratchet and hound??

Soon looking forward to foc grimlock, but agree it would be silly to have him as deluxe

i'm pretty excited for Fall of Cybertron figures. Grimlock will be a deluxe i'm sure. they made no mention of there being Voyager Generation figures.

I love the idea of Optimus Maximus but hate the name. can't wait to see pics. hopefully at the NY Toy Fair. When is that btw?

This is all awesome news! I really wish there were some pics to go along with it though. Optimus Maximus sounds epic, FOC seems to be getting better attention than WFC did, and Kre-o lives! It doesn't get any better than that!

Oh, and New York Toy Fair is Feb. 12-15 (read: too far away).

Archived