First Looks at MakeToys Giant Bulldozer and Excavator Painted Figures

BaCon

Third Party company, MakeToys, have a new update and images for their Giant project that is a homage to the Generation 1 Devastator Combiner Gestalt action figure with some all new painted images of the Bulldozer (Not Long Haul) and Excavator (Not Scavenger) action figures. The good news is they look great, the not so good news is they are yellow instead of the classic green and purple colors. MakeToys must have some love for G2 or something. These figures are slated for release in December for 10,500 JPY / $136 USD. Read the Full News Story Here

transformers-maketoys-bulldozer-%20excavator%20(5)__scaled_600.jpg

They look good, more or less like the originals with better articulation and proportions. I'm not really all that keen on the G2 color scheme, but it's a smart idea in that it differentiates this set from Hercules, and possibly gives people with lots of disposable income an incentive to buy both.

That said, I prefer the overall look of Hercules to Giant, and I like the A/E/C feel of the the individual bots.

MakeToys must be doing this to have their product be different from the TFC Hercules. I have the original G2 Constructicons, so I'm used to seeing them in yellow. I am getting TFC Hercules. The G2 colors on MakeToys Devastator does make me want the set. I certainly wouldn't be able to buy a G2 version of TFC Hercules.

I am glad to see that they have went with an alternate Color scheme than that of TFC Toys, which makes getting this set less redundant especially because I am already committed to the Hercules set. Now if this set comes out AFTER all the Hercules ones are out, I would have no problem picking this setup as well.........he is my all-time fav Gestalt....and I have their other 2 sets for Superion and Bruticus so I will most likely get this one as well. Never have to many Awesome Devastator toys..... :tflaugh

Er...I think it was suppose to say Not Bonecrusher instead of Not Long Haul, give that neither one of those are a Dumptruck.... :tfevil

Are they releasing them ALL at once? Or is this an indicator that they will be in sets of 2? :schin

I like the yellow honestly, it gives some realism to their look(at least to me). I'm still on Herc but if money presents itself, I will pick this up, just cause they will present a different take on the shelf and with the Devy look. I think they said they look to start the release of these late next month but maybe they will hold off til January.

Also, after some more perusing the pix, it looks like Excavator (Not Scavenger)'s excavating arm and shovel head are static, juts the main joints on it let it pivot up and down. Not a deal breaker but is limited compared to Exgraver's(but then again, QC issues aside..).

I like the yellow honestly, it gives some realism to their look(at least to me). I'm still on Herc but if money presents itself, I will pick this up, just cause they will present a different take on the shelf and with the Devy look. I think they said they look to start the release of these late next month but maybe they will hold off til January.

Also, after some more perusing the pix, it looks like Excavator (Not Scavenger)'s excavating arm and shovel head are static, juts the main joints on it let it pivot up and down. Not a deal breaker but is limited compared to Exgraver's(but then again, QC issues aside..).

I think i'll more than likely be on your side. This isn't a must for me like Hercules is, but i could be into it. I didn't have any QC issues with my Exgraver arm. I'll gladly keep the extra arm i received when i bought Heavylabor just in case

I am glad to see that they have went with an alternate Color scheme than that of TFC Toys, which makes getting this set less redundant especially because I am already committed to the Hercules set. Now if this set comes out AFTER all the Hercules ones are out, I would have no problem picking this setup as well.........he is my all-time fav Gestalt....and I have their other 2 sets for Superion and Bruticus so I will most likely get this one as well. Never have to many Awesome Devastator toys..... :tflaugh

Er...I think it was suppose to say Not Bonecrusher instead of Not Long Haul, give that neither one of those are a Dumptruck.... :tfevil

Are they releasing them ALL at once? Or is this an indicator that they will be in sets of 2? :schin

I believe it has been stated somewhere that there will be a Gift Set released after the 3 sets AND in G1 Colors, but I believe they won't come with their weapons.

I know they did this to separate themselves from Hercules and it probably is a good move on their part but for me this sucks. I was wanting G1 Devs but now if I want one I got to go with Hercules (which I have no interest in). Or wait for repaints of these guys much later. Just a bummer.

Color scheme looks good, just not what I was wanting.

Archived