TakaraTomy Releasing MP-11 Starscream In March 2012

Peter_Van

16663-100.jpg
When TakaraTomy released Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy Ver 2.0 a little bit ago, fans turned towards news of a future Masterpiece, and according to a listing at Hobby Search, MP-11 will be Starscream. According to the listing, the figure will receive a crown, cape and shoulder pads. Kapow Toys confirms these additions and says the figure will get a new hologram pilot. The figure is set for a mid-March 2012 release date. Hobby Search lists the figure for 11,500 Yen (~$144 USD). Kapow also received a mock-up of Coronation Starscream, which you can see after the break. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sigh.... at least its just a repaint. not sure if it needed to be called MP-11.

remold would be more accurate.

i'm excited for this.

i REALLY hope that it's actually grey with white and red stripes rather than the white with silver and red stripes which never made sense to me.

i lost the tail wings of my mp starscream.. so this is much welcomed by me.

but i can see how others wouldn't like it. hopefully a new mold will be soon to follow.

I do think this is cool and all but..... what the hell!, There are plenty of great characters that would love the mp treatment. Even if they did the Prowl, Bluestreak (Silverstreak) Smokescreen that's easy money for just think easy repaints

sigh.... at least its just a repaint. not sure if it needed to be called MP-11.

remold would be more accurate.

i'm excited for this.

i REALLY hope that it's actually grey with white and red stripes rather than the white with silver and red stripes which never made sense to me.

i lost the tail wings of my mp starscream.. so this is much welcomed by me.

but i can see how others wouldn't like it. hopefully a new mold will be soon to follow.

remold? whats new?

remold? whats new?

All of the gray parts on the prototype are new. The transformation doesn't seem to have changed much, but they made adjustments to give it a more G1 look. The tail of the plane no longer hangs off his hips they're now sculpted to his legs which lead to the hips and lower legs being remolded, feet are now flat on front instead of curved, arms are now square instead of "padded" on the outside, and the wings have been extended. I'm sure he has a new head, too and it looks like they've redone the guns. I'm not sure why they didn't just start over with so many parts changed. At least he's the same size as the previous version.

I might get this, I passed on the original as I've never liked pretty much everything that's been improved on this mold.

Emerje

Archived