Hasbro Moves Forwards on Fourth Transformers Movie Negotiations with Paramount, Bay and Spielberg

BaCon

op-money.jpg
With Transformers: Dark of the Moon pulling in $1.119 billion in earnings. You can bet your sweet Energon there will be a fourth movie in what will now be moving beyond the Trilogy. According to Hollywood Reporter, Hasbro is already putting pencil to paper planning for the next movie. During Hasbro's third-quarter earnings conference call. Brian Goldner, Hasbro CEO, says the company is in "active discussions" about doing a fourth Transformers movie with Paramount Pictures, director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course... why not? You know... Money and stuff...

I have to go sit in the corner rocking back and forth for a few... days.

I really do hope Bay comes back and hopefully they wont try to mix GI Joe and Transformers. As the GI Joe Live Action sucked majorly and please ny Shia, let's go into the figure about 20 years or so

i hope it happens.

i'd like to see bay and shia back.. but i wouldn't mind if they weren't back.. i'd like to see what someone else would be able to do with the franchise. .. just as long as they don't end up like those terrible batman and robin movies.

and for all of you movie-verse whiners.. you better thank your lucky stars for the movies.. i bet you hasbro wouldn't be able to do half of the cool stuff they've done without the movie revenue. you should be happy for what the movies have done for the franchise, whether you like them or not.

Let's see. Hasbro makes Transformers toylines, introduces fiction to sell toys. Flash forward a few decades and a successfull movie franchise sells toys and makes a ton of money.

Yeah, they plan to stop making the movies after the third one breaks a billion dollars.

Those flicks aint going anywhere anytime soon.

(I enjoy new movie time personally)

- I hope the movie doesn't have characters being bought back from the dead. That gets boring. Maybe it's time for more obscure bad guys like Straxus to make their Movie debut.

- More importantly, I hope Movie 4 leads to Classics/Generations-style Supreme-class figures of Omega Supreme, Fortress Maximus and Metroplex, six Voyager-class Constructicons - and Blaster.

To me, DOTM was the best movie out of the 3 made, with ROTF being the worse. I don't know how I feel about a 4th movie. I know there are many characters in the Transformers universe but they killed off a bunch of big name and extremely popular characters in this one, eg. Ironhide, Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream and including the bad-ass of all villains Megatron (again). There is no movie without Optimus' polar opposite Megatron. You could only bring this guy back so many times before people are going to get tired. Who would they add? Are they gonna make up characters like Deano and Q like they did in this movie? If that's the case. Then don't even bother. We can only hope that if they do decide to make another they'll introduce characters like Galvatron or Unicron but that in itself is only wishful thinking.

I would welcome a new movie but I think they've done enough in this last movie to end it for me. I say end on a good note instead of pulling a Brett Farve and dragging it on. End it like John Elway while you're still on top.

Archived