NYCC 2011 - Hasbro Transformers Panel On Games, Toys, and Television

Peter_Van

IMG_7320__scaled_100.jpg
We are liveblogging at New York Comic Con 2011 at the Hasbro Transformers panel! They are teasing that we are getting some information on toys, video games, television, and more! Head into the full article for all the details! Read the Full News Story Here

That is epic! More Kre-o, a better Ultimate Optimus, Fall of Cybertron looks and sounds awesomazing! There's alot to be excited about from this panel.

That is epic! More Kre-o, a better Ultimate Optimus, Fall of Cybertron looks and sounds awesomazing! There's alot to be excited about from this panel.

huh? where did you get more kre-o from? i read somewhere that all of the keo-o's have been released and that what they're releasing are the kreons.

a better ultimate optimus.. am i missing something..

and i don't know what your definition of "alot" is.. but practically nothing was revealed during this panel.. that doesn't translate to "alot" to me.

i just wish there was a way to hold hasblo accountable for this crap.

dotm is the 4th highest grossing movie of all time.. yet.. the toy line is dead. pegs are FULL of shit that no one wants... and sans deluxe que and deluxe/human alliance soundwave.. there's nothing new* on the way, nothing really to look forward to.

there shouldn't be this many characters from the movie that still have yet to see figures.. the two other dreads, dino, brains, some of the decepticon troops ie the cop car and garbage truck from the DC scene. .. and instead of those.. as usual.. we're just getting repaint after repaint.. entire waves of repaints. it's ridiculous. i wish they would've learned from the last movie.. guess not.

to me, it's like if we weren't given a figure of sideswipe during the rotf line. ..

and to not have one of the main decepticons in leader form is just reprehensible. i just don't get it. they HAD to make a larger version of bumblebee.. like there weren't enough warming the shelves already. not too mention he's not really all that accurate to the movie. if you're going to make a large bumblebee.. after all of the bumblebee molds that already been made.. leader bumblebee should've been perfect, but he's far from it.

and prime with his trailer.. they couldn't give us an accurate version.. instead they give us a brick that looks absolutely atrocious without his trailer on him in robot mode.

and yet again.. we're getting screwed as far as groups go.. in rotf we never truly got all of the arcee bikes, barely anyone was able to get their hands on human alliance mudflap, which makes skids look a bit stupid standing by himself. and now with dotm we only get one dread then we have the wreckers. legion figures topspin doesn't fit in, deluxe figures.. roadbuster doesn't fit in, human alliance.. not only are we not getting topspin.. but leadfoot isn't accurate.

oh.. and i guess voyager class just isn't a priority for the dotm line. instead of giving us skyhammer and another shitty prime, and a garbage sentinel.. they could've given us a new ratchet mold, and at least the two dreads from the mexican stand off scene..

then we have the prime figures. they look incredible.. and of course they're not being released until after the first season has ended.. what they should've done is released them now, before the season finale, while most stores have been doing resets and putting new stock on the floor. and the fact that like i said, the dotm line is dead, and has been for quite some time now.. it would've been a nice distraction from waiting for deluxe/human alliance soundwave and que.

and during the panel, why wasn't there a deluxe ratchet shown? or any new prime figures for that matter.. or hell, why weren't the ones shown at sdcc put in the case? i mean come on, give us something. barring the cyberverse prime figures (which are new, but aren't really the meat and potatoes of peoples collection) and having soundwave and que in the cases.. nycc is pretty much exactly like sdcc.

i just don't get it. hasbro made a big deal about being at nycc for the first time ever, and that they were going to be showing never before seen stuff during the slide show and updating the cases after the panel.. yet i didn't see any of it. a couple repaints.. that's basically it.

what a bummer.

sorry for those of you who read this whole rant. i apologize.

There really isn't anything to get excited about. Unless there is a G1 KREO Soundwave. Did anyone think that the year after the final movie was going to be a down year for TFs?

The only exception was Evac. Is he supposed to be a part of the movie line or the Generations line?

Archived